1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Thank GOD I found you folks ! !

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by n2xs4life, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. n2xs4life

n2xs4life Thread Starter

I can access pages in AOL, but not in I.E. outside of AOL. Not ALLL pages, it seems that it's only secure sites, sites with script, etc.
    In other words, anything fancy on the website, It won't load. I cut and paste the text into AOL, it loads in 2 seconds. When I check the little error icon in the bottom left corner of the screen, it tells me that I have an error:
    Line: 2
    Character: 9
    Error: Invalid Character
    Code: 0

It gives me this error on almost EVERY page that won't load for me. Tried JAVA VM, it didn't work, uninstalled. Tried making sure I have latest Flash and DirectX - still nothing. Turned off Norton, nothing. Turned off firewall, nothing. Checked out the settings in "Tools" "Advanced", all ok. Any thoughts here???

Um. Help.
    Uh. Please??

n2

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

In IE, Tools - Internet Options - Advanced -

TICK Disable Script debugging

UNTICK Display a notification about every script error.

While you said you had checked out the settings I am not sure if you have done this.

3. n2xs4life

n2xs4life Thread Starter

I have......
    That is what I was referring to.
    Any other suggestions besides what I've already tried?

n2

4. dabwid

dabwid

Dump AOL, There are far better ISP's out there without all the problems or the computer take over of AOL.

5. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    Are you running W95, W98, Windows ME, Windows XP or Windows 2000?

6. moebius

moebius

dump aol, dont go for msn, i pay the equivalent of 14$ a mo for 4mb dsl and my isp is one that advertises on phone booths. im satisfied

7. n2xs4life

n2xs4life Thread Starter

Dump AOL??
    That's the "Sage Technical Advice" that I receive?

I have an issue with my current set-up. I am looking for someone that can help me resolve the issue with my CURRENT set-up, not advice on which ISP's to use or which fastfood spots have the best fries.....

In response to the person who seems somewhat interested and potentially helpful, I am running Windows ME (unfortunately) - and Thank you for whatever help you may be able to provide.

n2

8. moebius

moebius

check ur firewall, ie privacy and security settings and try updating ie. windows me sux. dump it. i use...
    ;)

9. bookime wood

bookime wood

Hi n2, I agree with you, ppl should either help or not. Do not comment on there ISP............and say DUMP AOL.

Try repairing I.E

Repair IE, Start, Settings, Control Panel, Add/Remove, Microsoft Internet Explorer , Add/Remove, Repair.
    You will have to reboot after its finished repairing

ps........If you are using windows me, you cannot use this option as they did not include it in that OS

cheers

bookime

10. Fuzzy Gnome

Fuzzy Gnome

You can also try upgrading to the latest Internet Explorer if you don't already have it. My computer was giving me script error messages and that's what I did. Replacing is as good as repairing it just um takes longer because you have to download it.

11. yul

yul

12. dabwid

dabwid

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170306

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice