1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Thanks,Byte man, (and FD Visions)....

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by holdenyosarian, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. holdenyosarian

holdenyosarian Thread Starter

(from "byteman")

Hi, That's a Microsoft Windows Update log, please read the information at the links.

http://superantispyware.blogspot.com...er-msxml4.html

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927978

I have merged your 3 threads about this issue into one. Please do not start any new threads once you have started one for
    the same question or problem. You will get help here usually at least the same day. If 24 hours goes by, you are allowed
    to "bump" your own post, but you are not allowed to do as you did, within an hour or less, just to get your post to the top of
    the forum list. We are volunteers and posters far outnumber regular helpers.
    There was nothing wrong with you posting that long a log, in fact, it will probably help a lot of people solve this
    "mystery", and I myself was noticing this type of folder on my own computer, so now I know what it is.

Thanks a mil for the help-Really!...It's great to hear from a reliable source that it was nothing to worry about!
    Regarding the "starting new threads once you've started one for the same question or problem...not sure if you're referring to the "new" threads I started in order to include the complete log-if so, I didn't have any choice, as the entire log wouldn't fit in one post.
    That's not likely to have been what you meant, however-you're probably referring either to to the fact that I a) added a separate post indicating the urgent nature of my problem when bumping my original post, or b) that, in addition to bumping my the first two posts of the series, I went back and bumped the later three posts, as well.
    If a), then--Sorry, but it had been over 48 hours since I'd first posted the problem, and noone had addressed it, and I was frankly fairly desperate over the possibility that my system was compromised. Won't happen again.
    if b), I only bumped the latter two posts because when I bumped my posts the FIRST time (after waiting the requisite 24 hrs.), I neglected to bump the remaining posts in the series (which contained the final portions of the log transcript),at the same time--So I had to go back and bump those, as well, to insure that whoever attempted to address the issue would be sure to have all the info at their disposal (this might have resulted in the appearance that I'd intentionally bumped twice in inappropriately rapid succession).
    In any event, my intention was not to bump my posts to the top more than once within the alotted 24 hours in order to increase the likelihood that they would receive an answer sooner.
    Apologies for any appearance of impropriety, and again, many thanks for your timely and thorough response. You rock.

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Hi, No you have the wrong idea....what you are doing now, is "Starting a new thread"

You are supposed to use the "Reply" button IN your original thread to keep a running thread, where you can and helpers can continue in a progression.

When you add a new POST, the thread is one thread. They can go on and on, pages added if needed.

When you start a New Thread, you are opening up a new topic, and we allow only one THREAD for one topic....the one you started.

I have also replied to your original thread where we posted back and forth...it's up near the top of Security now, so go check it, please. I am closing this thread.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542989

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice