1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Thanks For Playing!

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by rhettman5, Dec 8, 2001.

Advertisement
  1. rhettman5

rhettman5 Thread Starter

Thanks for playing guys (and gals), but the banner at the top of the page says " I " won. I would like to thank you all, and please play again :D :D :D ...Rhett

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

what?? How can that be... it said "I" won too....lol

Savvy :)

3. hewee

hewee

That damn thing was driving me nuts flashing and I had to use the stop button on each page to stop it.

It's not flashing anymore so thanks for winning rhettman5. I hope it was lots of money my dear buddy:D You want my xmas list now?

4. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

That is without a doubt a very irritating banner.:mad:

5. rhettman5

rhettman5 Thread Starter

Well, lets see, My winnings weren't nearly as much as I hoped and seeing as I have almost 29000 "good buddies" at this site, I guess" Merry Christmas to you and yours" will have to do !

So, hold the list, or better yet, lets have a list of 1 thing you really want !
    I'll start : A Satellite provider, such as direcpc or starband !

( next) :) ...Rhett

6. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Better yet, how about a new post to cover this topic, rhett?

I created one!

7. AZ

AZ Guest

Dark Star turned me on to this one and it works for me.
    All I get now are white boxes instead of flashing banners.
    It requires a little configuration. http://www.guidescope.com/home/

AZ that's me

:)

8. deuce

deuce

I've been looking to find one of those programs that works best... just downloaded this one and I think I will go with this one. Yes... that is a very annoying banner and I see it all over the web...

none of you won because it said I won...

BTW... are people stupid enough to get suckered into clicking on that? Well second thought, I guess it's possible that I might once in my lifetime click on it just to see just what the hell they are trying to do so I guess nevermind... nonetheless I feel it is unaffect advertise and laugh at them for doing it... :D as I do with all local tz commercials here, they are really bad too... :rolleyes:

9. brianF

brianF

Just copy the banner ip addy and paste it into your restricted sites section under internet security properties

10. deuce

deuce

hummm... I never thought of that. There are really only a hand full that come up over the internet, so that wouldn't be too time consuming to tackle.

OK... have already started putting in sites... you're a life saver brian... although it was fun to hit the "kill button" on my mouse to get rid of it, in this case the less the merrier I say. :)

11. hewee

hewee

rhettman5,

Ok then but hey I am happy with the new PC I got. That's my xmas to myself.:D :)

Your on dial up and can't get cable or DSL I guess and want a Satellite provider I guess.

Wow Waverly, WA...pop.100 :)
    Peaceful town I bet.

12. rhettman5

rhettman5 Thread Starter

Yes indeed !

Waverly is a small farming community south of Spokane, about 30 Mi.

Very quiet, but only 40 minutes to Work (Spokane) Only drawback is no dsl or cable,dial-up is slow 26,400 kps, so Sattelite is only real choice, but , I have never had a fast connection, so I will endure til the money tree blooms :)...Rhett

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61087

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice