Thanks In Advance

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tequila Ted

I'm running Windows XP Pro. I keep getting an error message saying: Windows desktop search tool tray administrstion, has encountered a problem. Sometimes I can get to leave for a few seconds , sometimes I can't even get it to gp away. I also am getting a small blue box on the bottom right that says: Windows is rebuilding index.
Can someone help me ?????
Tequila Ted :confused:

Go to Start>>Control Panel>>Add or Remove Programs and uninstall "MSN Search Toolbar"
Restart your computer and see if its fixed

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
And please, don't carpet bomb the forum with multiple threads on the same topic.

Tequila Ted

That wasn't my intention. I miss spelled some words and was trying to correct them. Sorry to havve bothered you

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You can edit your messages up to 24 hours after they're posted. :)

Tequila Ted

Brendan: Tried that,wouldnt let me. Said the patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it or contact the application to verify that it is a valid windows patch package

Tequila Ted

Brendan: Thanks Haven't been able to install and uninstall msn yet. This is for my neighbors computer. Now his Road Runner cable is out. Cable guy wont be out till tomorrow. Once back on line I will try your suggesstion. Thanks
Tequila ted

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online