1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

That's Strange!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Tipacanoe, Apr 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tipacanoe

Tipacanoe Thread Starter

I have noticed a few "strange" things lately:

1. All of a sudden, I am receiving copies of postings to forums to which I have subscribed in Random. I thought this was discontinued.

2. More seriously, I can't seem to d/l any files. When I attempt to d/l, I get a message like "can't access the file". I am running Netscape 7.1 on Windows XP home.

3. Finally, when I save files in Wordperfect as PDF files, I can read these files with Acrobat while they reside on my hard disc but when I e-mail them to myself or anyone else, I/they can't open the received files and get a message that the file is "damaged".

I have an up-to-date copy of McAfee VirusScan and have scanned a couple times over the past week and turned up nothing. I also run zone alarm.

Thoughts and suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks.

2. mobo

mobo

The random emails has nothing to do with your system. Its something that Mike is working on after the new vb3 upgrade.

Are you able to execute the same type of file you are attempting to download ?

3. Tipacanoe

Tipacanoe Thread Starter

Thanks, Mobo.

I was attempting to d/l some freeware. I guess I am executing similar stuff in that I run the free versions of zone alarm, realplayer, etc.

Not sure what you are driving at.

T

4. mobo

mobo

5. Tipacanoe

Tipacanoe Thread Starter

Well, I just d/l adobe acrobat 6 with nary a problem. Maybe whatever it was has rexolved itself.

Thanks anyway mobo.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217626

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice