1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The 11th hour behaving...strangely

Discussion in 'Games' started by Mischance, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mischance

Mischance Thread Starter

I've seen a few threads about this game before, but none with this particular problem. I recently got a hankerin' to play The 7th Guest again, and The 11th Hour, which I've never played. I managed to get 7th Guest installed and playing (though it took a few tricks), but I'm having some serious problems with 11th Hour. The installation process goes fine (or so it seems), but when I try to open it it simply launches the program, then a few lines scroll down the screen too quickly for me to see, then the DOS shell immediately disappears and I'm staring at the file folder again. So I tried launching it through DOSBOX. It tells me there that it cannot locate the 'Groovie Directory.' So I simply went back to the CD and manually copied the Groovie file over, and tried launching it again. Success! ...or so I thought. It launches the program like it's supposed to, and gives me a window that says, "Welcome" in flaming letters. It gives me the option to change settings, view a readme, and exit. And that's it. Oh, there's spooky music, and a nifty image of a stairwell. But nothing allowing me to, oh, say, view an intro, or start playing the game. I'm stumped. Help, please! :confused:

2. Mischance

Mischance Thread Starter

Sorry, completely forgot my computer's specs.
    It's a Dell with Windows XP, a few years old. Plenty of free space and such, though with a game like this I really don't think that's the problem.

3. Mischance

Mischance Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!