1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The 6800 Ultra or the X800 XT...for PCI Express

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by barabus, Sep 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. barabus

barabus Thread Starter

Hi all,

Just finished building my new rig, i got a PCI express motherboard that has onboard video so i can wait for a bit for the PCI express cards to all come out, but i was wondering if people had opinions on which is the better card. If you have a link to a review that compaires them side by side all the better, but please don't do compairsons off of AGP results as i will be doing PCI Express, cheers.....

2. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

It doesn't matter if it is AGP or PCIE. Nvidia for open GL, ATI for 3d. There are plenty of places on the net that discuss this in detail. It depends on what you want. The 2 cards are pretty much equal. Mind you I am using an AGP card. PCI express isn't really outperforming AGP yet and most likely won't for at least another year minimum.

3. barabus

barabus Thread Starter

cool, thanks man, pretty much what i thought, can you suggest a good review site?

4. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/279352

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice