1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The annoying A-Drive!!!

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Bradk, Nov 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bradk

Bradk Thread Starter

Hello all...Lets see if you guys can do as well with this one. Okay here we go. On three different computers of mine the A-Drive will try to access a disk that is not there. In other words, out of the blue the A-drive will just start going nuts. This will generally happen a hour after I turn the computer on and again a hour later. Now I've been told this problem could be resolved in the registry somewhere.
    The one thing that these machines have in common is AUTOCAD2000...the reason I bring this up is because I only noticed this after I put it on my last computer. Thanks for your help

2. Gary R

Gary R

I'm not familiar with AutoCad2000, BUT since it happens on a reguar basis (ie: every hour) I wonder if the program has an automatic save function in one of its "preferences", "tools", or "options" settings which is being directed to the 'A' drive instead of the Hard drive?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59772

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice