the annoying flashing banner

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
Yeah, yeah. I hate it too. I've requested it to be removed from the rotation, but it may take up to 24 hours. Our other advertising agency stopped paying, so we're out searching again...

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
Wow, maybe they took it off faster than expected. :D

naw still there

noooooooooooooo, feeling whoozzy, the flashing red banner, rooms spinning, awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

irating little piece of work isn't it

I don't mind it. It goes away when we get to the good stuff.

Hey TechGuy! How are things in Waynesboro? I'm from south of Frederick.

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
Heh, not too bad! I haven't been thru Fredrick since my last MCP exam -- and that was a year ago!

And I'm getting hit with an "unsafe activex" warning every other page. :rolleyes: ... leaving a blank ad when it does that.

Bummer I see ads now.
I use Netscape and if I keep the java off I did noy see any ads at all but now I see one on top with the border="0" width="468" height="60" alt="Please support our sponsor."> by it and one at the bottom.

Plus your Techguy Logo does not show up.

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
I don't follow... when you have java off, the logo doesn't show? Weird... guess you should use java. :)

Before you yesterday if I had the java off I seen no ads. Well did see the http://www.cermak.com/ ad only.

Now I see that and two more ads. This is your add at the top and you have no logo.
I reload with the java on and it's the same.
Plus when I logged in here just now what you see in the screen shot is all that loaded.
After I hit the stop button then the rest of the page will load.

Now I seen that happen at another message board where the pages would only load part way and it was the ads that did it. Because the host was nice and worked with the webmaster and stopped the ads from showing up and the trouble went away. This went on for months but each time the ads came back the trouble came back. The webmaster just started paying for the message board and there was never any trouble at all and pages loaded very fast from then on also.

Attachments

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
I still didn't understand you, but the screen shot helped!! I just made a few changes. Let me know if that makes any difference.

Also, what browser are you running? (version and OS, if you would)

Let me know if you see any difference now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts