1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorre

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by sgt1035, Jul 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sgt1035

sgt1035 Thread Starter

"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."

First of all, I've gotten this on at least 3 different programs. Everyone who's written about this seems to think it's related to their specific program...it's not! Secondly, what I find here in the forum on the subject tells me there has been no solution...also am unable to find any on the 'net'. I think it acts like a virus and is spreading...

What's up with this??? Does anyone know...? It has kept me from opening iTunes so I can't work with my iPad anymore. Certainly there must be someone knowledgeable enough to know what this is and what to do about it...right?:

:p

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!