the bad thing about using frames

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Boylett

hi

on my website, i have a radio running. too stop the user to keep having to reload the radio, i put it in a frame at the top, and the rest of the site in another frame at the bottom.

the problem is, you cant tell what the address of the bottom one is. i was wondering if there was a way so in the users browser it shows the location of where he/she is.

this is what im talking about:

/index.php - normal site
/indexr.php - site with radio

how can i make so if /index.php?blah in the browser if its framed it will say /indexr.php?blah

thanks... hope you understand what im trying to say.

I don't think you can. Because they never really leave the index page (hence why the url stays the same) when on a framed site.

I guess you could put the radio in a JavaScript pop-up window. So it's a separate window that doesn't get reloaded when the user changes pages.

MMJ

Yeah one of the downsides of phishing sites. They have a bad url in the holder. If they could change that than they would do a lot more business. ;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online