1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The best 5.1 Speaker systems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by djrock, Sep 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. djrock

djrock Thread Starter

Hello i am wanting to get 5.1 speakers for my pc since the sound card has the option of doing it through the line out, line in and mic in. What is the best 5.1 system to get that is not too expensive and is loud, crisp and will shake the house?

Thankyou

2. Rockn

Rockn

Altec Lansings were rated very high and they aren't that expensive. Your other option would be Klipsch

3. djrock

djrock Thread Starter

Do you get the full 5.1 when playing music like cds? They don't look very powerfull you can buy dvd players with 5.1 that have 300watts.

4. Ash_11

Ash_11

5. djrock

djrock Thread Starter

That looks powerfull. Good reviews and at a nice price of £249.99 you can't get a dvd player and 5.1 sound @ 500watts for that. Anyone got a 5.1 system they have and find the sound quality in music, games and dvd movies is brillant? Will all the speakers be used when playing music and games?

6. compilerxp

compilerxp

7. djrock

djrock Thread Starter

Will all the speakers be used when playing music and games?

8. Chris A

Chris A

9. hewee

hewee

I 3rd it as I have heard them and they have great sound and the price is great. Even seen them on sell for about $150.00

10. djrock

djrock Thread Starter

but Will all the speakers be used when playing music and games?

11. Rockn

Rockn

NO....5.1 is used for games and movies that actually use the 5.1 encoding in the audio tracks. CD's are only in stereo....two channel. It may synthesize 5.1 but it isn't really 5.1

12. djrock

djrock Thread Starter

yes i know that dvd movies are made to make you think that your in the movie. All i want to know that will all the speakers be used when playing music any set of 5.1 i buy? I like the logitech 5.1 speakers.

hewee was the sound quility cristal clear and could you feel the sound coming from the subwoofer did it start to shake stuff?

13. hewee

hewee

djrock, I was at store and they also had the Klipsch there and the cheaper costing Logitech sounded better to me. I did not turn them up real load but did have it load. We all have are own taste in how we like things to hear and how much we like from the subwoofer.
    Best for you to go and hear each model. I listen to them with the subwoofer up high and down very low. All in all I think it is a great system and the lower price makes it better.

The subwoofer was load and did not sound bad like a lot do if you play them load. The cheap Altec Lansings I have now are ok but not if you turn up the sound real loud and the subwoofer is not very good if up have it playing loud.

14. djrock

djrock Thread Starter

I have never heard of Klipsch have they been in business for long?

15. hewee

hewee

Yes Klipsch have been around a long time and they have some great speakers.

I have a set of Klipsch Heresy I got in 1977 that were unfinish wood because they cost less. I think they were about $500.00 for eack speaker and they rock the house down on you. :D

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167159

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice