1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The best is Gone...

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by [email protected], Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldsmar@mindless

[email protected] Thread Starter

Well we all knew this day was coming but now it is a fact. Win 98-SE ME whatever is now ignored by Microsoft. To me Win 98se was one of the more stable OS's that was available and now they want me to up grade to XP or some other buggy, infested OS? I think it is time I go to Mac and use my Win 98SE as a back up and come here for all the insight and education I will ever need.
    After all the years I hate to let Windows go but if I have to move on it will be with a Mac OS 10! Thank you Bill for admitting defeat. Now on to the Mac postings!(n) (n) (y) :p :p

2. moozer

moozer

XP is the most stable OS I've ever used, however, my system is too slow for it and I have to use the ever plagued Windows 98 Second Edition. When I installed XP to test it out, it improved the stability of the PC by a phenomenal amount (albeit slow due to antiquated system), so to say that XP is bug infested is a little bit facile - if your hardware is good and you have enough RAM and drive space, you will have no/very few problems.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482407

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice