1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The boot agent cannot continue & getting blue screens crashing during boot up

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Perrin-Major, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Perrin-Major

Perrin-Major Guest Thread Starter

The computer is generally having a problem with the boot agent

[​IMG]

And ive been getting these blue screens during boot up any one have any ideas as to how to fix it.

The computer still has been booting up but it usually takes about 3 or 4 times until it actully gets to the login screen and also there seems to be a problem when it actully does boot up there is processes that are duplicated in the task list menu

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

The multiple svchosts is normal, if that is what you are referring to. They serve as hosts for other running services.

What kind of adapter do you use and are you sure that your network boot source is intact?

STOP 0A is another IRQL error, and the STOP C5 is a corrupted driver. So you may have but one problem.

What type of network are you connected into?

3. Perrin-Major

Thanks i dident know if i should worry about the svchosts and im not sure which adapter your talking about i will just list them also im not sure if the network boot source is intact i havent done anything to it so i dont know why it would mess up also for some strange reason the computer wont allow another computer monitor to connect to it

Display adapters
    NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600

Network adapters
    Intel(R) PRO/1000 PL Network Connection
    Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection

SD host adapters
    SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Are you on a network? If not, then go into the system BIOS setup at boot time and see what the boot order is. You seem to have it set so that you boot from the network. You may want to move that boot source down in priority and move your hard disk up.

5. Perrin-Major

im not connected to a network but i will change the boot order sometime tomorrow thanks!!! and i will let you know if the problem persists.

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

No network? Well, that may be the root of the problem. The error is discussing LAN adapters and PXE, and I don't know what an Intel Boot Agent is, either. So I suspect that your machine has the network set as the first boot device, and there is nothing there to boot to.

All your errors point to a driver, so if the boot order doesn't remedy this, try unplugging the network card (provided it's not built in).

Good luck and let us know.

7. Perrin-Major

Okay it turns out its not the network thing the boot order was correct when i checked it and also my network card is built in any ideas? I hate windows vista i should have gone with a mac

8. Perrin-Major

and sorry for the really late reply i was busy with other things

9. Elvandil

Elvandil

See if there is an updated driver for your network card.

What are your system details? One way to prevent this issue is simply to disable the network card. This can usually be done in BIOS or with a jumper on the board. Do you see any settings for the card in BIOS that may have a "Disable" entry?

10. rabidkeebler

rabidkeebler

I'm trying to help my dad install Vista on his computer and I'm getting the same error.

We are updating from XP and wiped the hard drive (everything he wants is on a external drive). We are doing this because his computer was running really slow. There may be a hardware issue on this computer that we couldn't identify. Let me run through the process of booting up...

Power button, Bios, Memory check, MAC address check...

Then it says starting operating system from CD-ROM

Then an error occurs, it gives us the option of starting in safe mode, 2 other different types of safe mode, or normal startup.

I've tried safe mode startup and it fails. I've tried normal startup and first I get the little bar on the bottom for starting up, then it stops, then the blue screen for 2 seconds. Then the screen goes black and I have to reboot.

11. Elvandil

Elvandil

Please start a separate thread for your problem.

12. Perrin-Major

The Drivers were up to date and the only driver that was not was my video card driver. If i disable the network card would this computer still be able to connect to the internet via wireless? Which network card are you talking about the wireless one or the plug in one? I will let you know if it has any disable entry's after i restart my computer

13. Elvandil

Elvandil

The network card mentioned at boot must be your built-in card. If you have a separate card for wireless, then it won't affect it.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/598015

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice