1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

the case of the disappearing files!!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Geekotheweek, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geekotheweek

Geekotheweek Thread Starter

This involves 3 machines.
    My office box, old gateway 500e windows me---
    My laptop, amd 3800, xp home connected to my home net via wireless---
    desktop on home net that I built for neighbor kids to play cs and use as file server
    amd 1600 xp pro----

Allrighty then, I have a folder shared on the desktop, which is mapped on my laptop as z:, I keep video clips in it that I download. Has 25 files in it currently.

Also I use pc anywhere to access my office pc, from my laptop, mainly just to learn its idiosynchrosies, I have clients that use it..., I just downloaded 5 clips from the office box to the shared download directory via pc anywhere file transfer. After the transfer completed, I looked for the files in the download directory, nowhere to be found. The 25 files that were there originally are still there, but no new ones.
    Have searched all drives, even other boxes on my home net just for giggles, cannot find them!
    If I try to transfer them again, pcanywhere says the file exists and gives me the option to replace them.

Pcanywhere maps to this drive through my laptop via c:\documents and settings\mike\nethood\download on desktop2.
    Have rebooted desktop machine, and restarted pcanywhere several times and still cant locate them but pcanywhere sees them as being there.
    (Theme from twilight zone plays in background)
    Am I nutz??

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/554182

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice