1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

the choice is....well yours!!! Panasonic plamsa - any good?

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by touchingcloth, Jul 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I thought I posted that, it was 125W (pretty steady as I recall) for the LCD, and 425-450 for the plasma, it bounced around a bit based on program material.

2. Headrush

Headrush

Yah mine is between 390-400.

Just to help people, using your LCD 125W and my Plasma 400W if electricity cost $0.11 a kiloWattHour:

If both are run 24 hours a day for a 31 day month: LCD $10.23 - Plasma $32.74

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You're forgetting the A/C load in the summer to get rid of that 1500 BTU of heat from the plasma. :D

My power averages around 15.5 cents/kwhr, so it costs me more.

4. Headrush

Headrush

Nope. Even without A/C vents in my basement it's way too cold. The plasma is down here so it works out perfect. Two birds with one stone.

5. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/938220