1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The command or Action "SendObject" isn't available now

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ACMINC, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ACMINC

ACMINC Thread Starter

I wrote a short program that uses "SendObject". It works fine on my computer, it works fine on my clients computer, but when I copy/paste it up to his server to use it there also, Access issues the following message: The expression on click......The command or Action "SendObject" isn't available now. If you click on the See Details button you get this message:

Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) encountered a problem while attempting to access a property or method. The problem may be one of the following:
    A reference is missing.
    For help restoring missing references, see the Microsoft Knowledge Base article 283806.
    An Expression is misspelled.
    Check all expressions used in event properties for correct spelling.
    A user-defined function is declared as a sub or as a private function in a module.
    Expressions can resolve a user-defined function only if the function is declared as one of the following:
    A public function in a module
    A public or private function in a code module of the current form or report
    Security in Access is set to Medium or High and the Microsoft Jet 4.0 SP8 update is not installed.
    A more recent verion of Jet 4.0 must be installed for Access to function properly when security is set to Medium or High. To obtain the latest version of Microsoft Jet, go to Windows Update.

All computers are using Access 2003, and XP except the server which is using Server 2003. Security is set to LOW just like all the other computers.
    I looked at the references. Both computers(Good and Bad) have exactly the same 5 ticks. NO doubles, and nothing that says MISSING! The computer(Server 2003) with this problem is new and was just set up to run this one application. Thanks- Ken.

2. OBP

OBP

I have no experience with Servers or Server 2003, but I can give you some thought starters.
    What is the "Send Object"?
    Is it possible that it is not available to the Computer with Server 2003 on it?
    Is that Server only holding the Back End of the database?

3. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

Can you post your code? If the actual DB doesn't contain any confidential info it would be best to post the entire Zipped up DB.

Regards,
    Rollin

4. ACMINC

ACMINC Thread Starter

Private Sub cmdEXCEL_Click()
    lngResult = MsgBox("E-mail this to yourself?", vbYesNo)
    If lngResult = vbYes Then
    DoCmd.SendObject acSendTable, "tmpEXCELInventory", acFormatXLS, _
    strTO, , , "Existing Orders Report(EXCEL)", , False
    End If
    End sub

THe entire program is on the Server

5. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

Is an email client properly installed and configured on the Server?

Regards,
    Rollin

6. ACMINC

ACMINC Thread Starter

I have MS Outlook Express installed on the server. I went into MS Outlook and test E-mailed myself. That makes it "properly installed and onfigured", right?

Beating a dead horse,
    Ken

7. OBP

OBP

Ken, I see that the Library References are the same on both Good & Bad computers, but can you check that MS Outlook Express is the default email program for the server.
    Is it on the list of ticked References?

8. ACMINC

ACMINC Thread Starter

How do you check that MS Outlook Express is the default email program for the server. What are the steps I need to do thu? I have NO idea. Thanks -Ken.

9. OBP

OBP

What O/S does it have?
    Does it have Control Panel?

10. ACMINC

ACMINC Thread Starter

O/S is Server 2003 and it does have a Control Panel

11. OBP

OBP

Try, Control Panel>Programs>Default Programs> and see if there is anything for "Make a File Type always open with a Program.

12. ACMINC

ACMINC Thread Starter

Control Panel as a "Add/Delete Programs" but no "Programs" or "Default Programs"
    Start has "All Programs" but then no "Default Programs"
    What next? Ken.

13. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

Check is to make sure your email client is set in Windows as the default mail program. To do this click the Windows START button and choose CONTROL PANEL --> ADD REMOVE PROGRAMS

When the add/remove programs box opens click the option on the left hand side that reads SET PROGRAM ACCESS AND DEFAULTS and select Microsoft Windows. Check to make sure the mail client is set here.

Regards,
    Rollin

14. ACMINC

ACMINC Thread Starter

START->CONTROL PANEL->ADD REMOVE PROGRAMS. Server 2003 doesn't have a SET PROGRAM ACCESS AND DEFAULTS. I looked at my own computer(XP) and it shows up there, so I see what you told me to look for. Whats next? Thanks -Ken.

15. OBP

OBP

Sorry, I am all out ideas.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704628

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice