The Coronavirus - What's Happening Around the World

I could not sleep last night. I was up until 3:00 Am because a second maintenance worker contracted covid-19 in my son's building and more of the upper level floor residents were exposed and now are being quarantined on the upper level floors. My concern is if the residents on the lower level floor is exposed my son will be exposed and my son was born with a heart defect. I could not slow my heart rate down when my son called and told me. I wanted to get him out of that building quickly but thought it was too risky since his dad resides with me and I thought what if my son was exposed already. I am concerned for them both and do not want to lose either of them.

I took smoking cigarettes to a whole new level because the pandemic is causing undue stress. I just wish it would end so we can get our lives back to normal.

Yes James, I copied and pasted part of our conversation to the coronavirus forum. I feel it's important. There is a more aggressive strain as well that is killing people at random. It's not just impacting the elderly. This virus severely impacts teens as well. Even though the teen girl survived she still struggled to survive and this virus had a major impact on her physical health. In fact I have a video that proves this theory.

The video below shows just how serious this virus really is!

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I would hope your son can get tested, as well as the antibody check as well to see if would be cleared to come home... my thoughts are with you.

Tuesday last week my boss had to leave to go help a friend because his wife died due to covid, then the next day my colleague had to leave because his aunt passed away also... It really hits home when it happens to people you know.

I would hope your son can get tested, as well as the antibody check as well to see if would be cleared to come home... my thoughts are with you.

Tuesday last week my boss had to leave to go help a friend because his wife died due to covid, then the next day my colleague had to leave because his aunt passed away also... It really hits home when it happens to people you know.
As far as I know, my son may not have been exposed at all because the lower floor residents were not required to quarantine. The lower floor residents were not within contact of the maintenance workers or residents on the upper floors. I dont think its safe to get tested because it is an indoor facility and if you were not exposed prior to testing you may be exposed while testing.

So about 2 weeks ago, some of the families from my son's school were having parties/vacation for the last holiday... well one of those kids were in school and started to get a headache and a fever... It's one of those hate to be right moment... if this is covid then everyone will be home ... which it should have been in the first place.
That's sad James. Those poor children have no choice but to be exposed to the virus because of a parent''s stupidity. I know that sounds rude but I am frustrated about this whole pandemic thing.

That's sad James. Those poor children have no choice but to be exposed to the virus because of a parent''s stupidity. I know that sounds rude but I am frustrated about this whole pandemic thing.
In addition I would like to add that in my mom's building three residents are currently infected with the virus and they all use the same elevator! My mom is elder and is incapable of using the stairs and has no choice but to use the same elevator as all other residents. I am concerned that she may get trapped in a crowded elivator and wind up exposed to the virus.😰😨

Johnny b

John
Trump pushed his luck too far for too long.
Reality caught up with him.

I don't wish Covid-19 on anyone.

A good friend of mine contracted Covid-19 very early this year. Before social distancing and masks were even suggested.
It's ruined his life.
He's lost too much weight and muscle tone and hasn't been able to recover very much.
He survived, but like the percentage that are called 'long haulers, he now has heart problems and will be getting valve repair in the near future.

He was the go to guy in rounding up a motorcycle ride, on and off road.
He is so weak from Covid, he doesn't have the the confidence he can physically operate
the controls of a motorcycle.
He was known to take long hikes in state parks and forests when healthy.
Now, if he walks more than a couple hundred feet, he complains he feels like his legs are filled with lead and breathes with difficulty.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Until he shows us the test results, I don't believe it.

from the NYTimes post:

"Her positive diagnosis came on Thursday, according to the person familiar with her case, but the White House made no announcement about the situation, and Kayleigh McEnany, the White House press secretary, who had also been on the plane and exposed to Ms. Hicks, then held a briefing with reporters without mentioning it or wearing a mask.

Only after Bloomberg News reported Ms. Hicks’s condition did Mr. Trump confirm it during an appearance on Thursday night on Sean Hannity’s show on Fox News..."

:rolleyes: playing with peoples lives again...

Just a thought... it shows that he is losing in the polls.... and now he mentions it... looks like trying to get the sympathy vote

Last edited:

Johnny b

John
This is a long article, but that's the realistic way scientific studies are presented.

US states stopped their pandemic social restrictions too soon
https://arstechnica.com/science/202...-their-pandemic-social-restrictions-too-soon/

Outtakes:
Overall, they estimate that the use of masks probably dropped the infection rate in Ontario by somewhere between 20-40 percent.
From the start, public health officials said that the social restrictions were needed to control the infection rate so that testing and contact tracing could be effective at keeping the pandemic in check. Data from the pandemic has only served to indicate that this initial advice was exactly right. The United States' response, however, has been to lift the restrictions before the infection rate was controlled and to limit testing sufficiently to make contact tracing nearly impossible.

As an added bonus, the country has made some of the possible alternative ways of limiting the pandemic, such as the use of protective masks, a political issue.

So while the papers give us some indication of what will be needed to keep the United States from seeing the pandemic continue to spread out of control, they also serve to highlight how we've done pretty much everything wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online