The Coronavirus - What's Happening Around the World

I have an update on my son regarding Covid-19. Apparently the virus is spreading much faster than anticipated. That one maintenance worker spread the virus to almost the entire building in just one week!

Now there are quarantined apartments on my son's floor. My son indicated that he has not had close personal contact with anyone in his building and is doing well so far. My son told me he wants to leave the building and come home before he does get exposed.

I told my son that it's too risky at this time since he may have had possible exposure and his dad has a heart condition.

My sister pulled my niece out of school because there was one case in the athletic department. A student at the school tested positive for the virus, and my sister asked her if she knew the person, and she does not and has not had any type of close personal contact with the other student. Thank the lord for that!

All it takes is just one person to cause a catastrophic nightmarish outbreak! That's exactly what happened in my son's apartment building.

I as a parent with this knowledge have developed a stress response hives over this very direct threat and am having trouble sleeping at night with heart palpitations. I feel as though my heart is beating out of my chest. I am not able to slow my heart rate down knowing this virus is a direct threat to my son.😰😨

Yes, it is his own stupidity for not wearing a mask and downplaying this very real and direct threat. No one knows how the virus will affect them if they contract it and there are several different strains and severities of cases. It all depends on the amount of exposure. Some survive while others sadly pass from the virus depending on the amount of exposure.

Apparently Trump used the experimental drug and only had mild symptoms. I personally believe that Trump did not have enough exposure to take the virus more seriously, especially since the experimental drug was used in his treatment plan. The experimental drug lessoned the symptoms and shortened the duration of the virus.

My mom told me that she retrieved info on a local news source that some kid contracted the virus and spread it to his entire family. Everyone in the family died and he was the only survivor. Apparently the case for the family was severe and experienced over exposure to Covid-19.

My point is, had Trump exposed his entire family to a deadly strain maybe then he would have taken it more seriously.

I haven't heard from my son today. I pray he did not get exposed to the virus. I am now concerned that my husband may expose himself and me to the virus. I am unusually tired today. I am praying we did not somehow get exposed.

Couriant

James
I haven't heard from my son today. I pray he did not get exposed to the virus. I am now concerned that my husband may expose himself and me to the virus. I am unusually tired today. I am praying we did not somehow get exposed.
Anxiety can take out a lot from people, especially if you have concerns such as you have right not. Try not to worry too much and try to relax a little.

I too hope for the best for you and your family

Anxiety can take out a lot from people, especially if you have concerns such as you have right not. Try not to worry too much and try to relax a little.

I too hope for the best for you and your family
Thanks James, It is kind of difficult not to worry since it is a direct threat to us all. I also broke out in hives the other night and have a mild sore throat. I am not sure if it was because I had heartburn or if a virus is present. That's why I am concerned.

I will try not to worry unless my husband is rejected from work and sent home with a fever.

I have an update. My mom told me that a second wave is affecting us here in the United States as she witnessed on a local news source. I suspect the second wave is here already but not in some areas just yet. As to reason, there hasn't been a major spike in my area but there has been in my mom's area. I suspect the second wave is overlapping the first.

I suspect the second wave became airborne since it is spreading much faster than usual. If that's the case, we are all in trouble and can be exposed just by picking up a few items from the grocery store even with masks on! The airborne aerosols can and will penetrate the masks! If you can smell someone's cigarette smoke, you can bet your life you can easily get exposed to the virus if it became airborne. My mom told me that she walked outside of her apartment building one day with a mask on and she could still smell cigarette smoke when she walked past a women sitting nearby that was smoking a cigarette!

My son just told me during a phone conversation that they announced a few more residents and building workers tested positive for Covid-19 and all are asymptomatic carriers! The entire apartment building are being asked to quarantine. That includes my son! About two of the residents are on my son's floor! My son's building has never had any cases until just recently. That's another reason I suspect the virus become airborne!

I have an update. My son told me that an entire floor of his building is infected sadly. He also indicated there are 12 people on one of the upper floors and 45 new cases altogether in just one day!😰😨

Couriant

James
I have an update. My son told me that an entire floor of his building is infected sadly. He also indicated there are 12 people on one of the upper floors and 45 new cases altogether in just one day!😰😨
Wow! I am sorry to hear that.... hope all is well for him and it says away from him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts