The Coronavirus - What's Happening Around the World

Johnny b

John
Wow! I am sorry to hear that.... hope all is well for him and it says away from him.
Hi James. Thank you for your concerns. My son is doing well and has escaped the virus so far. However, I am still deeply concerned.:cry:

My husband's workplace was shut down because the machines are in need of repairs and it's a miracle that it wasn't due to the virus. No cases were ever reported at my husband's workplace.
I will definitely discuss this in our Coronavirus forum. My son's apartment building seems to have a growing number of cases at an alarming rate. I believe it's only a matter of time before we all end up with it if mitigation measures are not in place to at least try to eradicate the potentially deadly virus before it takes over the entire world. My mom's area set a record breaking amount of covid-19 cases. So far no cases never hit any of my family but I still think it's only a matter of time if we don't do something fast to stop the spread and that's a scary thought.😨

I personally don't trust either presidential candidate. However, I do believe that if Biden wins it will be somewhat a relief since he cares more about the mitigation efforts to control the spread of the pandemic and is not as bad as Trump. I believe Trump lacks maturity whereas Biden appears more mature than Trump. I don't think Trump cares too much about the safety of our people and downplayed the virus the entire time.

The school superintendent near my area just shut down an entire middle school because the virus is out of control! All schools need to be forced to shut down before we all end up with the virus!😱

I have observed my neighbors children being dropped off by the school bus through the living room window and they seemed healthy the first couple of times and than coincidentally around the same time the middle school closed, the wee little girl who was in Head Start was not with her brother, and her brother did not appear healthy! He was walking slowly and holding his head like as if he had a headache and it makes me wonder. I pray he is okay.😰

In addition to the above statements, the school superintendent just shut down the senior high school for 14 days because the virus is spreading at an alarming rate!

In Other major apartment buildings there are entire floors exposed to the virus and are being quarantined! The mail carriers in some areas are all infected with the virus and the mail rooms had to be shut down. Yikes!😨

The government is planning another lockdown from what I hear and I think they should but they won't. This virus is getting out of control. Rachel Lavine just indicated there will be no shut down despite the rise! Now that really makes me mad!😡

There have been nursing home deaths on the rise in my mom and sister's area. They just added 70 cases in my area just today! There were poll workers in my are testing positive and there are nine maintenance workers and 60 residents in my son's building that tested positive and are being quarantined.

All cases are scattered about and I have known a few friends of my husband and I who reside at a distance with both mild, moderate and severe cases and two almost died while a few survived and stated it wasn't that bad. I explained to the ones who do not think its that bad to reconsider the many different strains of the virus and assess the severity. My husband's friend said run and lock your doors after being exposed to the virus and having a severe case!

Someone needs to take a stand to mitigate this direct and real threat before we all end up with it.

Hi 2twenty2, I read about the virus mutation in minks and its scary! I suspect the virus become airborne since we have record breaking numbers of cases unexplained!😱

More residents in my son's building our contacting the virus, including his floor and it's unlike anything I have ever seen before and every single day a new resident tests positive for the virus. It happened as we spoke on the phone!😰

There are now 84 residents and nine maintenance workers with the virus.

Update! Based on my observations I noticed that people are hoarding TP and food again and there is no need for this because our governor is no longer issuing lockdowns out of fear that he will be impeached for doing so. Our governor was almost impeached the last time he developed a red, yellow and green light model to help mitigate the spread of the virus, thanks to the whiny cry babies who thought our governor was a plain mean bully when all he attempted to do is protect us PA citizens from the spread of the virus.

Thanks to the hoarders they ran out of TP again and my husband had to purchase Dude Wipes to use for a couple of days until the TP was Restocked. I dont think its a good idea to hoard food because it's selfish and leaves others without. Many will see a bare shelf at the store and go hungry because of the hoarders! Some of us have to work and cannot always make it to the store in time and that leaves hard workers to go without. Its an injustice.

Did anyone in this forum recieve a Covid-19 Emergency Alert? My husband received several of them in the middle of the night after he forgot to shut his phone off. I received one Emergency alert about the possibility that hospitals may soon fill due to the record breaking covid-19 case outbreak. The alert is urging people to stay home and if you must venture out please wear a mask and maintain your distance.

Our local news source indicates an early shut down of bars and to stop serving alcohol after 5:30Pm yesterday and were permitted to reopen today at 9:00Am. I personally believe that is not nearly enough to mitigate a catastrophic rise in covid-19 cases.

I suspect either the virus became 100% airborne or there are false positive test due to the many new test that were recently innovated and out on the market. I question the accuracy of these tests. As to reason it does not sound logical to suddenly have a record breaking rise in cases. There could be an increase in testing as the result of the record breaking rises in cases as well.

Couriant

James
Did anyone in this forum recieve a Covid-19 Emergency Alert? My husband received several of them in the middle of the night after he forgot to shut his phone off. I received one Emergency alert about the possibility that hospitals may soon fill due to the record breaking covid-19 case outbreak. The alert is urging people to stay home and if you must venture out please wear a mask and maintain your distance.

Our local news source indicates an early shut down of bars and to stop serving alcohol after 5:30Pm yesterday and were permitted to reopen today at 9:00Am. I personally believe that is not nearly enough to mitigate a catastrophic rise in covid-19 cases.

I suspect either the virus became 100% airborne or there are false positive test due to the many new test that were recently innovated and out on the market. I question the accuracy of these tests. As to reason it does not sound logical to suddenly have a record breaking rise in cases. There could be an increase in testing as the result of the record breaking rises in cases as well.
I did not, maybe it was for your area/state?

I did not, maybe it was for your area/state?
Hi James, I am from PA. I think you have to have the Emergency App or the Covid-19 checker Alert App. The Covid-19 Checker alert app checks in daily with you and will ask if your feeling well and then users can tap the symptoms if any that they are experiencing and it also has a contact Alert system for your area as well. If Someone nearby in your area is infected the Alert system will notify you. It sounds very much like a weather beep or Amber Alert.

My husband received a nice health package from his medical insurance company that consist of a digital finger pulse reader, hand sanitizer, mini first aid kit with gauze and medical tape, disinfectant spray, Honey flavored sore throat and cough drops, surgical masks, Aloe Vera skin lotion, Bandaids and a Smart Thermometer that is used with your smart phone with bluetooth enabled. I set the Kasa smart thermometer app up and tested to ensure it works. I really like the smart thermometer that lights up green with a smile and a temp reading to indicate no fever and you can add other users to your profile after signing up. My husband and I are fever free. It checks for covid-19 symptoms as well. If you don't have symptoms you can simply tap the back button.

My husband's boss's son who will be taking over his dad's position and business as supervisor, tested positive for covid-19 but was not around my husband or at work for months. I believe the exposure to co-workers was low. Thank god my husband was not exposed.

Last edited:
I would also like to add that my husband's cousin and first family member who resides long distance was exposed to Covid-19.

My husband's boss's son and his wife recovered fully and reported back to work. He and is wife had such a mild case that they still cooked full course meals and did not lose their appetites or feel sick. I am still skeptical about the testing. I suspect a false positive. Most people infected with Covid-19 experience a loss of taste and smell and loss of appetite. I am sure most people with covid-19 would experience some type of discomfort and energy loss.

Nothing here.
My county has been designated as highest risk ( level 4 ) with most of Ohio at level 3.

https://www.whio.com/news/reopening...em-covid-19-cases/3UAV4K6S5JGMLAEEQMTYCRNMSU/
Hi Johnny I am also from the USA. I have relatives in Ohio. I am from PA. Our country is indeed one of the highest risk countries right now sadly. 😔

I just viewed the Kinsa App for Covid-19 risk exposure severity in my area. According to the App the exposure risk is critical. The meter states the highest risk and indicates a 75-100 ratio with an uncontrolled spread of severe illness.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online