The Coronavirus - What's Happening Around the World

Hey guys, did you notice there will be approved vaccine on 20th December?

Make sure you don't get sick in those last few days! hold on a little longer, even if you have to starve :D

Yes, health workers will be first, for general public it will take until April (hopefully not 1st April lmao) for EU, USA, Russia, China, UK and probably few other countries. (according local news here)

Because of many potential firms releasing the vaccine in the west, there are some news that Russia and China will cooperate on manufacturing of vaccines in an attempt to produce more than their competitors.

Good thing about this is that we ordinary mortals can only expect this to result in faster production due to competition.

Since first shipments won't meet global demands it's safe to assume it will take at least until end of 2021 for the virus to completely disappear, according to WHO they are struggling to get top countries to work together for supplies, right now major countries stockpile vaccines for them self instead of working together to help poor countries.

But that's not a problem if we mortals (non doctors) really want to get it that fast, you can always become health worker in these times right? :) (I guess it depends on where you live)

Johnny b

John
I'm afraid I not very good material for a 'health worker' classification,,,,lol!

But, yeah....it's good to see the progress :)

I didn't mean to offend health workers btw. they're indeed heroes!
Just wanted to say, helping them is possible, but not many are willing to do it due to a fear I guess.

Hey guys, did you notice there will be approved vaccine on 20th December?

Make sure you don't get sick in those last few days! hold on a little longer, even if you have to starve :D
Hi Zabanovich, I am not quite so sure if I should trust the vaccine, considering the potential side effects that may pose a serious health risk or whether or not the vaccine is effective. I believe the vaccine would be too new to attempt. I would rather observe what's going on with others who receive the vaccine first before making a decision to receive the vaccine.

I am not quite so sure if I should trust the vaccine, considering the potential side effects that may pose a serious health risk or whether or not the vaccine is effective
I'm more concerned about the methods involved to produce the vaccine, not all of the methods are considered moral.

If and when I'll be able to choose I'll consider this list:
CovidCompareMoralImmoral.pdf (cogforlife.org)

I didn't mean to offend health workers btw. they're indeed heroes!
Just wanted to say, helping them is possible, but not many are willing to do it due to a fear I guess.
Thank you Zebannovich, I used to be one of those health care workers before I switched careers. I was formerly a nurse at a nursing home that consisted in the health care of the elderly.

I used to have a thick Mayo Clinic book when I was younger and I researched just about every infectious disease imaginable and wanted to become part of the infectious disease task force but I changed my mind because I analyzed it and was literally spooked at the possibility that I could accidently contract a deadly virus overseas and potentially spread it to family or out in the community. I was not willing to take that risk, so I pursue other options that I was interested in and here I am. I am now a college graduate with an AS with a 4.0 GPA in Computer Information Science with the concentration of Networking and a BA with a 3.8 GPA in advanced Computer Information Science with the concentration of Cybersecurity. I believe I enjoy my new career almost as much as I enjoyed my career as a nurse. That explains the connection between the two different chosen fields. I always had a passion for helping people in a heroic manner. I think I get that from my dad.:giggle:

Thank you for being honest, I'm sure your dad is proud of you!

There is an old saying originating from Africa:
"Other person is the best cure one can get"

I guess that means either, no one can heal him self, or, nice words are priceless.

Thank you for being honest, I'm sure your dad is proud of you!

There is an old saying originating from Africa:
"Other person is the best cure one can get"

I guess that means either, no one can heal him self, or, nice words are priceless.
Thank you Zebanovich!:)

My dad was a go getter. He seized the opportunity to pursue various jobs and positions. My dad owned his own private detective agency and sold the business after he realized just how dangerous the job was, and before he purchased the business he was employed as a prison security guard and moved on to become a various salesmen that includes, anything from selling ionizers, car dealing, working in a men's clothing store, MTA truck driving lessons and more. My dad was employed as a spokesperson for Chamber of commerce.

My dad is sadly no longer with us as he passed away at approximately 19 years ago on Thanksgiving Eve. After retirement my dad volunteered at a Hertz Rental car company that involves the transport of vehicles for the company and one day he had a sudden heart attack while with the Hertz rental car company and was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival since the medical team could not revive him. My dad was diagnosed with an Aortic Aneurysm prior to his passing. I bet he is with the angels smiling down on me. I know he must be proud of my accomplishments. :)

Johnny b

John
With anecdotal 'evidence' comes shortages on over the counter products whether they work or not.
I've been wondering why the Melatonin at Walmart was seldom in stock recently.

I use it as a gentle sleep aid.

Here's what's happening:

Fact check: Melatonin could help against COVID-19, but more studies are needed
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...p-against-covid-19-studies-needed/3768894001/

I have no idea if it really works against the virus causing Covid-19, but I wouldn't bet my life on just it alone. :cool:

I noticed it cost more this morning. :rolleyes:

Johnny b

John
This popped up at USAToday.
Foods to stockup on during a quarantine.

Here's 20 foods you should buy during a quarantine (because of their long shelf lives)
https://www.usatoday.com/picture-ga...-because-of-their-long-shelf-lives/115087886/

Dried beans and rice are a favorite of mine. I'm well stocked.

But, what to do if/when the power goes out during the winter? Those two foods need a lot of simmering, especially the dried beans.
I also keep a dozen cans of pinto beans ( they're pre-cooked ) so a reheat is easy and quick to do with a camp stove or sterno stove.
I also have a portable backup generator that powers a microwave oven nicely.

I also stockup on canned corn and peas to add to my beans and rice.

Tilapia is relatively inexpensive. I usually keep a dozen servings in the freezer along with a large bag of french fries and 3 or 4 lbs of chicken breasts.

Bagged potatoes don't seem to keep more than a couple weeks, so I only buy 3 or 4 lbs at a time.

And I keep a goodly supply of apple juice and lemonade on hand.

And coffee......lots and lots of coffee :D

Couriant

James
I have Nespresso and they tend to ship and be at my door within 2 days from ordering. :D

12. Liquor
• Shelf life:
Indefinite

I guess the reporter doesn't have kids that are doing VSL... lol There is no shelf life because it will be gone within a few days

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online