the disk is write protected USB

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Warrior 3000

ok so the other night i was putting something on my 8gb sandisk flash drive. my pc shut off randomly and i go to recopy the files onto my flash drive and the drive keeps saying the disk is write protected. I cant format the drive because it says the disk is write protected.

iv tried so many things i have googled....going into regedit and making the write protect reg key. didnt work

the flash drive DOES NOT have a little switch to make it protected.

iv run out of ideas and have been trying for DAYS to get it non protected so i can format it! help!

The first thing I can think of in such a scenario is that you have some type of
malware infection that can be causing denied write access.

Have you scanned that drive with a good (currently updated) anti-virus program?

Try repartitioning it, too. If it doesn't work, the drive is probably dead. Use the HP USB Disk Format Tool. It doesn't say that it partitions, but it does, each time before formatting a drive.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online