1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by simmi, Mar 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. simmi

simmi Thread Starter

Hi All, unfortunately my external Hard disk WD passport , is not readable and when connected to my computer shows the following message
    "
    The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer.
    "
    Please help as it contains sensitive data.

2. valis

valis Moderator

have you tried it on another pc? It's possible that the usb ports failed, but it's far more likely that the drive did. How old is it, and do you have a backup of that data? Data you neither want nor need is data that you don't backup.

3. simmi

simmi Thread Starter

Yes I got this message from a MAC, but I have also tried on a windows laptop, the disk is not being recognised at all. The light on the disk is on so it is being detected by the computers.

4. simmi

simmi Thread Starter

And I do not have any back up unfortunately. If I can atleast get the images somehow...

5. valis

valis Moderator

If it's a passport, and it's not responding, that's generally not a good thing. You can't see it in the Mac or the windows machines?

6. valis

valis Moderator

for what it's worth, we have a WD rep who frequents here, I've sent them a message to take a look at this thread.

7. simmi

simmi Thread Starter

Thank you, I will wait for the reply!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1186386

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice