1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The "Download Complete" "Open Folder" button ignored

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cwh803, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cwh803

cwh803 Thread Starter

When a download is complete, the dialog box opens, announcing "Download Complete" and when I Click the "Open Folder" button the "Download Complete" dialog box closes but the Target Folder doesn’t not open. First noticed this after SP3 in this XP Home environment.

Where’s the “Honor the 'Open Folder' button” setting to get this functionality back?

2. cwh803

cwh803 Thread Starter

Follow Up: I've tried searching Internet Options and using TweakUI to see if I can find the magic. So far, still fails.

Any suggestions for further search and testing?

3. oshwyn5

oshwyn5

Which browser (Just IE) and what download manager if any are you using?
    Are you choosing to save the file then open the target or to open from a temp location when download is complete?

4. cwh803

cwh803 Thread Starter

oshwyn5,

IE7 and no "Download Manager". I am choosing save the file then open the target.

From "File Download" pop-up I choose "Save"; then "Download Complete" pop-up offers "Open", "Open Folder", and "Close" buttons. The "Close this dialog box when download completes" is unchecked.
    I choose "Open Folder" button and the "Download Complete" pop-up closes but target Folder does not open.

5. cwh803

cwh803 Thread Starter

HA! A clue. The described failure does not occur if I start IE7 without using DropMyRights.

I don't recall DropMyRights causing this failure prior to SP3. Must be related to Access Permissions of the containing Folder and my use of IE7 through DropMyRights.

Where would you look next in this XP SP3 Home environment?

6. oshwyn5

oshwyn5

Sounds like SP3 already dropped the permissions in internet security and that drop my rights is now dropping the further.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/718066

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice