1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The Dreaded Orange flashing light

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by L0g1c, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. L0g1c

L0g1c Thread Starter

Today my neighbor asked me to go over to his house and fix his computer. When i got there he told me it was the power cable that was the problem ( since he doesn't know much about computers) Well the problem with the computer is that all it does is flash an orange light consecutively were the power button green light should be. He recently installed a new CD/DVD drive i so i thought hey that might be the problem but it wasn't. I unplugged the drive and the orange light continue flicker. I then tried to hold the button for a long period of time But it would not shut off. I then decided to unplug the computer directly from the power source in an attempt to stop the light and maybe have the computer boot but it didn't. If i haven't elaborated enough yet i will tell you that the computer will not boot at all no fans are moving nothing. You can see the motherboard have power cause i see the green light indicating the 5 volts but that is it nothing runs but the green light on the motherboard and the DAMNED flickering orange light. if anyone has any suggestions it would be a great help thank you for your time.
    L0g1c

2. L0g1c

L0g1c Thread Starter

No one has any suggestions?

3. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    You are going to have to start with giving us the system specs on the system in question. Make and Model system or the same if custom build for Motherboard, processor, ram, video, Power Supply (which is a possible bad part), OS, HDD(s)

4. L0g1c

L0g1c Thread Starter

Thanks a lot for the response but i solved the dilemma thanks anyways.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!