1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The dreaded Winspool error

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by HollowSystem, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HollowSystem

HollowSystem Thread Starter

Hello all, I'm not quite sure if my problem is a Virus/Malware, I apologize and thank you in advance if I need my post to be redirected into a different forum.

This started today as soon as I logged in to my computer, after running System restore to recover from 6x blue screens in one hour. The blue screening is fixed however. I was presented with multiple 'errors' all saying the same thing over Winspool.

C:\Windows\system32\WINSPOOL.DRV is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.

Now the fun begins, as error messages pop up for all of my normal programs that begin on startup: Steam, Skype, everything. I spam click OK on the error messages and then most of the programs start up. Whenever I exit that main error message, though, it comes back about five seconds later.

I've been to various sites many say the same thing. Rename it, Restart it or Clean boot. All Failures.
    So far I've gone in and disabled it. If I can get some help that'd be great.

2. HollowSystem

HollowSystem Thread Starter

ANY SORT HELP WOULD BE USEFUL NOW!

Almost everything short of taking it in has NOT worked.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089283

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice