The drive is not ready for use.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tisatashar

Hello

I've enjoyed fixing my problems overtime by reading your forums. But this time I can't solve this one.

On shutdown i get:

The drive is not ready for use. It's door maybe open. Please check drive A:

I don't even have a floppy drive on this new PC. Although the icon appears in the Hard Drives/Partitions XP window (probably for nostalgia).

I've tossed out antispyware, AV, Firewall & its still there. I can't see what else it could be that is throwing up this false alert.

Welcome to TSG

if you don't have a floppy drive but "the icon appears in the Hard Drives/Partitions XP window" then it's not for "nostalgia" but for improper BIOS settings :)

disable the onboard FDD controller, set the floppy drive a: 3.5" to 'not installed'

NetBios?

i'm talking about the BIOS setup utility ... most computers respond to F2 or DEL during the POST screen.

If you do not have a floppy drive, and your BIOS has it turned off. And you are still getting that message, my best idea/guess would be that somewhere in your computer a file on shutdown is attempting to access your A: drive.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online