1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The Evil Empire

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by polarity3, Jul 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. polarity3

polarity3 Thread Starter

Microsoft has behaved in a reprehensible manner. The last major update(creators update) uninstalled my email program(thunderbird)my browser(firefox) and multimedia app(vlc) They can' be trusted to act in a way that thinks about the public interest.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-6100T CPU @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8013 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 904 GB (574 GB Free); D: 7 GB (7 GB Free); E: 17 GB (1 GB Free);
    Motherboard: HP, 81B4
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

2. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

I installed the last updates on 3 machines and none of them responded with firefox being uninstalled.

3. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Can they be reinstalled ????

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    I've installed it dozens of times and many millions have installed as well without it installing those any of those programs. It's unfortunate the something went wrong with your specific upgrade but uninstalling those programs is not a normal part of the upgrade. Glitches happen with al OS's and many programs. You seem overly angry, you may want to take a few breaths and if you're still upset then switch to Linux or get a Apple with OSX, no one is forcing you use to Windows.

5. polarity3

polarity3 Thread Starter

Microsoft has a long history of illegal and unethical conduct going back 20-25 years. My saved email is gone and if you noticed all the removed programs are competing with MS programs. I'm not angry just frustrated that MS would still engage in such practices

Daniel

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Yeah, but your experience does not match the 99% of other people's experience. There's thousands of programs that compete with some of Microsoft's programs and they are simply not being removed by OS upgrades. It simply sounds like your upgrade failed to complete successfully, that does happen. You might be able to roll back to the previous installation since a backup is created during the upgrade or recover your email from from the Windows.Old folder, or the data may be there and you just need to reinstall the programs.

Roll Back to a previous build: https://www.howtogeek.com/235474/how-to-roll-back-builds-and-uninstall-updates-on-windows-10/

However if you lost your email and didn't have a backup then that's on you. There is no excuse for not having a backup in 2018.

If you feel MS is so unethical and doing illegal things then feel free to switch away from Microsoft, Linux is a free and popular alternative. Or switch over to the Apple ecosystem.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1212852

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice