1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

'The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk...'

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Henners91, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Henners91

Henners91 Thread Starter

Hi,

'The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available'. This is an error I get when I try to install the Games For Windows Live Marketplace onto my PC. From my understanding it may be because I am missing the Windows Installer Package .msi? Yet I cannot find a download that works with Windows 7... Is my assumption correct? Does anyone have a working link for Windows 7 64-bit? If not, what can I do about this irritating error that's stopping me from installing a fair few things.

I also get messages whenever I install anything on steam, as, when it tries to mess with visual c+++ it tells me I am missing 'vc_red.msi' ...is this related?

Thanks.

2. haycg

haycg

3. haycg

haycg

Some things that may or may not help. I went to Windows Updates.
    Start - Control Panel - Upper left corner click - Updates Frequently asked Questions.
    Type - Windows 7 Installer 5.0 - Search.
    1st on the list - next page - Clear upper and Lower Registry Filters
    Read the rest to see what you can find that may be of help.
    This is not exactly what you were asking. It's the closest I could get.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1000900