1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The font size of my e-mail shrinks

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by luckylavs, Feb 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. luckylavs

luckylavs Thread Starter

The font size of my e-mail shrinks upon being opened by a certain recipient.

I'm using a Yahoo! e-mail account. I'm on a PC.
    The recipient is using MS Outlook.

I have Yahoo! keep copies of all e-mails I send inside a "Sent" folder; and when I check what I have sent him, the font size appears normally and hasn't been reduced.

But the recipient tells me that my text was already small when he opened it. Then when he replies back to me in an e-mail, his textual portion of the e-mail appears normally, but my textual portions have been reduced.

Some proposed solutions online mention to fix this problem by changing the zoom level (CTRL + or CTRL Mousewheel). I've tried that on my end and it changes the size of everything on screen. I didn't see that as a real solution. So I've changed it back to a zoom level of 100%, which is where I was originally.

Any other ideas?

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
  3. luckylavs

luckylavs Thread Starter

Just found out from him that he is using Outlook 2007. He is also on a PC.

The link you sent me (under the 2007 tab) talks about changing the "row" font. Is that what I need him to change? Because the top of the article describes changing the column size and the size of the subject header -- but in my case the actual typed content of the e-mail is shrinking...

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I've never used Yahoo Mail and haven't used Outlook 2007 in several years, so I can't refer to either one.

Your friend will need to experiment with the font and style and size to see what works best for him.

-------------------------------------------------------------

5. casperj363

casperj363

2/07/17

Hey Luckylavs, had the same issue on my computer until I received this answer from www.superiorhelpdesk.com.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1184938

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice