Solved The Graphic card isn't getting power

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GamerBlackAcid

I upgraded my pc by keeping a new case. I plugged the GPU in (it is an AMD RADEON R7 240 2GD3 by MSI) to the motherboard (BIOSTAR TSERIES TA880GB+ WITH PCIe 2.0) and a power supply (400w iBall psu). I fired it up for the first time and it didn't give the display but it did POST. it started windows too. If I open the case, remove the GPU and put it in again, it works then. Please help me with this. (Oh and I activated my windows 10.)

Johnny b

John
It appears that PSU has a poor history of quality and one blog suggests it doesn't have enough amps on the 12v rail for even a basic system.

https://www.akshatblog.com/iball-lpe223-400-smps-specification-price-and-review/

At Tom's Hardware:
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-r7-240-and-250,3717-9.html
The chart shows your vid card pulling max of 122 watts.

That, and with the rest of your hardware, a cheap PSU from India with poor output may simply not have enough wattage for your computer to run properly.

GamerBlackAcid

It appears that PSU has a poor history of quality and one blog suggests it doesn't have enough amps on the 12v rail for even a basic system.

https://www.akshatblog.com/iball-lpe223-400-smps-specification-price-and-review/

At Tom's Hardware:
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-r7-240-and-250,3717-9.html
The chart shows your vid card pulling max of 122 watts.

That, and with the rest of your hardware, a cheap PSU from India with poor output may simply not have enough wattage for your computer to run properly.
Actually it happened after the case change. Before it worked perfectly, now it isn't. Just an extra RGB strip is added. If I of my pc and on it again, it works.

crjdriver

First boot or cold boot problems are very often pw supply problems. You need a better quality pw supply.

GamerBlackAcid

So, crjdriver. Can you say why it is not starting up in cold boot? Before the case upgrade there was a DVD drive. Now it isn't there as the case doesn't support it anymore. The things that are added are just a RGB strip (just one) and 120mm fan instead of 80mm.

GamerBlackAcid

Oh and if possible, please choose the best power supply for me. My PC details are attached below. Only choose it in amazon.in website as i am from India. I want one below Rs. 2000/-

Attachments

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
According to your log, these are the hardware specs for your computer which is running Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1903 Build 18362 64-bit:

cpu.JPG

gpu.JPG

Biostar TA880GB+ Motherboard

8 GB DDR3 RAM

---------------------------------------------------------------

Johnny b

John
Oh and if possible, please choose the best power supply for me. My PC details are attached below. Only choose it in amazon.in website as i am from India. I want one below Rs. 2000/-
Rs. 2000 converts into ~30 US dollars.
Here in the US, that wouldn't buy a decent PSU even on sale.

Johnny b

John
Seasonic is a brand with a good reputation.
It's always best to look for reviews on specific models

crjdriver is the expert. Perhaps he can suggest others.

GamerBlackAcid

Everyone thanks for recommending on this.
I'll try buying a 500 watt PSU with 12v of 32 amps.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I'll try buying a 500 watt PSU with 12v of 32 amps.
Your old computer should be fine with that PSU. (y)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online