1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The Great KABOOM

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by laint, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laint

laint Thread Starter

My computer is having a mass of problems. The most pressing issue right now, is that I can't get it to go past start up. I reboot, or cut the power source, and get it into restarting, but - as of this morning - it can't get past one of the black screens with all the codes. My screen holds up for about 5 minutes, but then it cuts out and I have to cut power to the whole system again to get it to work.

In the other issues, it charts back a couple of months. It started with my computer having trouble with "going to sleep". The whole system would shut down, and the cooling fans would just run on high. The only way to get it operating properly again was to cut all power and then have it restart from there.
    Shortly after that, it started telling me that I'd made an unauthorized change to Windows - which I had not - and that I was running an unauthentic version. HP wanted to charge me $70 to fix it over the phone, but a couple of reboots usually made the message go away.
    This past week, it stopped being able to connect completely to the internet. It could get a local connection, but I couldn't go online. While I was troubleshooting that, it stopped being able to detect wireless networks at all.
    Then, I had the Avast Safezone takeover, so I solved that problem by deleting Avast.
    In the past few days, it stopped being able to read USBs or formatting DVDs, so I haven't been able to grab my few file changes off of it. It couldn't detect any of my external hard drives, or flash drives, or an already formatted DVD. I tried running it in safe mode, to get the files off, which worked until the screen cut out. The screen held picture for about 5 minutes, then went black and required a full system restart to get working again.
    And now it's stuck in start up, where I can do nothing.

I realize it probably needs like, a serious rebuild and technical fix. But does anyone have any tips, or suggestions, or ideas of what is happening? I do a lot of work off my computer, and it's very stressful to completely be without it (and most of my files). Thank you so much.

2. UserBarZero

UserBarZero

o.o

Just asking but, what are you virus and malware protections?

I was thinking a power supply problem until I read the takeover part.

I've had the 'unauthentic' popup happen to me too, but I know very well that my OS is authentic. A reboot makes it go away for me aswell..
    Mind I reinstalled a old xp over an hp xp so maybe the mother board reacts weird for me.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030756

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice