The Greatest Windows Question Ever!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Need2FixIt

Stupid question that has been around... found a lot of answers but which one is for me?

Okay Win 98 SE and ME same issue we all have seen but I cant get rid of this..

I would like to boot into Windows and not have to see the login screen ever again.. NO I don’t want Tweak UI to log in for me I don’t want a login screen at all.. NO LOGIN SCREEN when booted up. I have no need for it I am the only user, not a a network, using a dialup modem.

Okay here is what i heard not sure what i need.

1. What do I need to have under networking..
Client for Microsoft Networks
Microsoft Login Family.

And do I have to have any special settings in either one.. ie have this checked or uncheck and so on.

2. Remove all users, profiles, and passwords from the Control Panel.

-Do you I have to change or remove anything else.

3. What about *.pwl i remove all of those right?

4. Anything in the registry I have to worry about.. go here and remove this line or add a line let me know.

Nothing has worked for me i don't know if i have been trying the wrong sequence of events or what..

Good question lots of answers who wants to be the HERO to help out..

Please reply.. THANKS

Hi Need2FixIt,

I would like to be sure of what you want.
I think you want to switch on your machine,
and when its started up, it will be at the desktop.

If that is what you want, then dont enter a password
when you set it up.

It says that.
It says if you dont enter a password,
you wont be asked again.

If you are being asked for a password, then you or
maybe the previous owner must have entered one.

If that is what you are talking about then i would
suggest running 'setup' again.

If that is not what you mean, then please explain.
You mention you're using 'dial up' and a modem,
which is why i'm wondering if you mean internet
access? if not why mention the modem?
The little password box at startup has nothing to
do with the modem. Do you want it to log on to the
net without asking for a password? please clarify.

Regards, John

And after you've follow the steps from Microsoft that buck52 recommended, it's very important that you do this when presented with the Windows Logon box at startup. Enter a Username in the box, leave the Password box blanks and click on OK. Don't press ESC or click on Cancel, click on OK. The UserName can be any you decide to use.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online