The HD that bit the Bullet?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Toddles18

Heres the story. I have an old laptop and don't use it very often, so it's no big deal, but its nice when I need it. It's a Texas Instruments extensa 120mhz with and internal cd. About a month ago I went to start it up and I got the error something like no operating system found. I lost the floppy drive for it so I thought I was SOL, then was thinking and figured if it had an internal cd, even though it's so old it might have boot from cd, and it did. Stuck my win98 cd in there and booted her up. Went to run setup and got some errors about there not being any free space, so I decided I'd reformat, typed c: and got invalid drive specification error, thought to myself that can't be good. Ran fdisk and it returned an error to the effect that there was no hd. rebooted and went into the bios, check settings and everything looks good, list the hd spec.'s just like it's supposed too. tried again and got the same error with fdisk, so I ask you, did my hd bite the bullet?

Toddles18

Ok, So we all agree that the old one's dead, I took it out and was thinking about replacing it. Are all laptop hard drive sizes standardized, or do certain manufactures' use different sizes??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online