1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The HD that bit the Bullet?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Toddles18, Dec 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Toddles18

Toddles18 Thread Starter

Heres the story. I have an old laptop and don't use it very often, so it's no big deal, but its nice when I need it. It's a Texas Instruments extensa 120mhz with and internal cd. About a month ago I went to start it up and I got the error something like no operating system found. I lost the floppy drive for it so I thought I was SOL, then was thinking and figured if it had an internal cd, even though it's so old it might have boot from cd, and it did. Stuck my win98 cd in there and booted her up. Went to run setup and got some errors about there not being any free space, so I decided I'd reformat, typed c: and got invalid drive specification error, thought to myself that can't be good. Ran fdisk and it returned an error to the effect that there was no hd. rebooted and went into the bios, check settings and everything looks good, list the hd spec.'s just like it's supposed too. tried again and got the same error with fdisk, so I ask you, did my hd bite the bullet?

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

it sounds like it to me

3. john_waldrum

john_waldrum

Sounds like it is fried to me as well.

4. Toddles18

Toddles18 Thread Starter

Ok, So we all agree that the old one's dead, I took it out and was thinking about replacing it. Are all laptop hard drive sizes standardized, or do certain manufactures' use different sizes??

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62318

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice