1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The "I got pulled over" Thread

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by cnelson04, Jan 26, 2007.

Advertisement
  1. cnelson04

cnelson04 Thread Starter

Ok, i'm was just thinking since i just started to drive a couple months ago, how many of you have gotten pulled over and for what reasons? Ever say anything to a cop to get out it? I came close to getting a ticket but i didn't. It was for doing dounts in a parking lot. And i got pulled over for a "loud" exaust, and tint on my windows. I told the cop that was how i baught the car and he made me aware of the law and told me to fix it. (I"m not going to, cause i like it that way it is) But anyway, anyone else have use some cleaver excause to get out of tickets? -cnelson. :)

2. katonca

katonca

I was pulled over often in my youth. One thing to remember is keep your hands in sight (on the steering wheel would be nice), if at night turn on your dome light first, then put your hands on the wheel. And most of all be very nice, it not only helps your cause but the cop does have a weapon ;)

3. Gabriel

Gabriel Account Closed

If there really is a law that says the tint is a no-no, you will probably get sited again:( One of the things I see usually but not always, young people get into when they don't want to pay their fines, and the fines stack up into a big mess.

I have never been ticketed or stopped.

4. Zaney1

Zaney1

I have been driving for 31 yrs. Got pulled over 4 times, twice for expired inspection, twice for speeding. Not one ticket. Good advice regarding keeping your hands in plain sight. My sister is a retired NYC cop & says all traffic stops are nerve wrecking for cops. She also told me once that it is better to have 12 jurors than 6 pall bearers.

5. Pistoff

Pistoff

Great advice (y) :D

6. poochee

poochee

Once, when I fogot to put my new sticker on.

My suggestion is to follow all of the driving rules. Then you won't have to get out of a ticket and you will live a long life.

7. lexmarks567

lexmarks567

8. PCG342

PCG342 Banned

I got pulled over once. Driving my mom's mammoth SUV [stupid things] and nearly hit another one - happened to be a police vehicle - the K-9 unit. I was trying to avoid a dipstick who was going the wrong way on a one-way when I almost hit the cop. He motioned for me to pull over, and I did so. I then proceeded to defecate in my pants. I immediately started rambling on about how I was distracted by the other car ahead of me and I was trying to get around them, and I didn't see the cop coming up behind me, and blahblahblahblahblah..
    I don't know if he let me off with a warning sincerely or because he didn't want to hear me anymore.
    I friggin' hate cops...

9. wacor

wacor Banned

First ticket I got was for careless driving in the school parking lot on lunch hour. :eek:

If I had been driving a car that was not huge with no shocks and bald tires I never would have been noticed.

Tried to sneak into a parking spot and the police were in the lot by happenstance.

I might add we were not allowed to go out on lunch hour. ;) :p :D

10. lexmarks567

lexmarks567

you have to treat cops like your wife. Stare strait ahead and give yes or no answers.Cause there no sense in pleading guilty to a crime that they don't know about yet :D

11. Pistoff

Pistoff

(y) (y) (y) :D
    me thinks that should be a signature :p

12. wacor

wacor Banned

I got out of two tickets that I can think of.

There is a pattern here if you notice. :D But that was many years ago.

The one I will not speak of. I have no idea why the cop let me go other than it must have been nearing a shift change.

However the other one involved getting in a speed trap in Missouri. I think that was the state. I was driving from California back to the midwest around 1975.

I had been driving at that point about 24 hours give or take non stop and probably looked like it.

Was coming down a long incline which would increase speed and got caught along with a bunch of other drivers.

Being a bit upset at the issue of getting pulled over and being very tired I put on a pretty good show for the cop. But I had some truth to what I told him also.

when he came to car I just about was crying. I told him I was driving a car back for my uncle who just remarried. His wife lived in CA and they wanted the car driven back. And when I left i had received a call that he was hospitalized. I said we could call to verify that.

I must have looked pitiful. No jokes please!! :D :D He let me go and said to go get some sleep before i killed myself and somebody else.

I was driving a car back for my new aunt. and my uncle was in the hospital. He had a bleeding ulcer but it was not a really life threatening situation. :D :D

Sorry to interject but if was funny to me. :eek: :D :D

13. coderitr

coderitr

I've been driving for 21 years and I've been pulled over dozens of times. Mostly for speeding though there have been a couple for running stop signs/red lights, etc.

In 1997 I was on my way home from a late night support call at work. It was about 3:00 in the morning and I could see far up the road I was about to turn onto from the interstate off-ramp so I coasted through the stop sign. I accelerated and drove to the end of the road and stopped at the stop sign -- preparing to make my turn. I didn't even see the car behind me. I turned left and he hit the lights. I pulled over and stopped. I watched in my side view mirror as the officer got out of his patrol car and just stood there for a minute. I turned on the cargo light in the bed of my pickup, opened the sliding glass window and reached my right hand through with my hand open and my fingers spread apart. I rolled down the drivers side window and extended my left arm in the same manner. When he saw that my hands were empty, he approached. He asked for my license which I promptly provided. He asked where I had been and I told him that I had been at work and was on my way home. He told me that I had run the stop sign and I apologized and said that I hadn't even been thinking. He didn't mention that I was going about 50 in a 35 mph zone between the interstate and the left turn. He told me to have a nice night and I thanked him. As he turned to return to his cruiser, he patted me on the shoulder and told me to fasten my seat belt (which is required by law in NC.)

Maybe it had something to do with the policemen's union sticker on my back window for which I had given a donation to the department. Maybe it had something to do with my cooperative attitude. I was lucky I didn't get three tickets that night.

14. Knotbored

Knotbored

true story-but I didn't get a ticket-the cop couldn't write and giggle at the same time. I was in Juneau Alaska in early 60's helping construct a new federal building.
    I was late for work but had to first deliver my daughter to the babysitter. There was ice on the road and traffic was bumper to bumper untill I saw a one car seperation I dodged thru to make a left turn into an available alleyway.
    RRRRRR a siren. Cop says I kinda cut him off back there-I agreed with a shrug
    And I turned into a one-way (wrong way) alleyway-I didn't notice
    Lemme see your license-been in town long?
    Three months
    You aint got an Alaska license but need one after one month or a days working here
    Sorry-
    And your Washington license expired two months ago

embarrassed snicker from me-laugh from the cop-but no ticket

15. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79

Hi cnelson04,

I got pulled over in Connecticut once on 84 west of Hartford driving to NY to visit my cousin for a weekend party just after they had finished resurfacing the highway. The new road was real nice and smooth on a bright sunny Saturday morning, just perfect for letting the engine out enough to clean the fuel lines.

I was doing about 70 in a 55 zone (this was in the early 90's) and passed a police car that was on the other side of a small bridge that dropped down from its approach, so I would not have been able to see it, but maybe the cars that slowed down (I assume they had radar detectors) noticed, whereas, I did not.

The police car did not chase me when I looked in the rear-view mirror, so, I slowed down to 55 and kept on going. That is, until a passenger car (off-duty cop) with lights in the front grill pulled me over.

I rolled down the window, and he asked for my license and registration. When he brought them back, he asked: So, you like speeding in CT, huh? I remained silent. The most he did was give me a warning as he didn't have any tickets with him. However, he proceeded to chew me out for speeding, up and down one side and then the other. I think his wife was in the front seat of his car and he was mad he had to stop someone on his day off.

I kept it to 55 all the way to NY after that and also on my way back through CT.

-- Tom

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538650

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice