The infamous HL 'Not supported' error!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Adam_Black

I've searched the forums, the web, and still not come up with any answers, so I think it's time to lay the cards on the table, if you get my meaning. Erm. You don't? Oh.

This error has effected loads of people, I believe, and can't find a single definate solution. After confiding in these people:

http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002920-2.html

We still couldn't come up with an answer. The best they gave was 'jiggle around with your graphics settings until something comes loose.'

You're probably wondering what I'm talking about. OK, here we go:

One day, my graphics card (which is incidentally an ATI 3D RAGE PRO, however I have deduced this to be irrelevant) stopped working in Half-Life in OpenGL mode, and since then I have had to use it in Software. The error message that comes up is:

"The selected OpenGL mode is not supported by your video card."

This is INSANE! I have no idea what this means. I have followed the advice given by other people, jiggled around with every other setting but nothing has worked.

Thanks in advance for your help to recitify this problem, I will supply any more system specs when asked, and I would like to take this opportunity to ask what OpenGL actually is.

Adam_Black

Windows 2000.

But to be honest, it doesn't matter; this problem affects every computer using every type of video card on every OS etc. etc.

D

Deathdealer

ok wait a minute and i ll tell you where to get the driver from and it ll work for shure!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online