1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The instruction at 0x000007FEF728B013 referenced memory at 0x000007FEF728B013 The req

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by 5junebug, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 5junebug

5junebug Thread Starter

I can't Download TSG SysInfo because I'm on my hubby's laptop.

Yesterday my laptop booted, but would go to blank screen.

I forget what I did to get this message... "C:\windows\system32\DAO350.dll unable to register the DLL/OCX: Regsvr32 fail with exit code 0x5 while installing an application.

After doing a search... I found an article "Use the system file checker to troubleshoot missing or corrupt system files on Windows Vista or Windows 7.
    -------------------
    ACER
    Windows 7 Premium Home Edition
    Intel Core i5CPU
    M480 connections. 2.67Ghz 2.66Ghz
    4GB
    64bit Operating System
    -------------------------------------
    I did a command prompt sfc/scannow that only went as far as 49%, then said it could not complete.
    When that wouldn't finish,
    I tried "If the System File Checker tool cannot repair a file. Also didn't go anywhere.

I got it booted in "Safe Mode" but nothing works. Not Comodo, Microsoft Security Essentials, or internet connections.
    I did go into C:\windows\system32\ looking for the DAO350.dll...
    it wasn't there. I did find it in SysWOW64. I copied it into system32.

After that and several cold boots, nothing seemed to change. I shut it down for the nite.

This morning it actually booted all the way to desktop, with a bunch of services that couldn't run because of this error:
    "The instruction at 0x000007FEF728B013 referenced memory at 0x000007FEF728B013. The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0xc00000185"

At this point I have no idea what to do. I hope someone can help me. Can't afford a new laptop right now.
    THANKS!

2. huggie54

huggie54

hi,first try this from CMD Chkdsk /f /r

3. drmacpccom

drmacpccom

It sounds as if windows is damaged. Normally this happens when you get a virus. The virus will damage system files, and then when you tried to repair them, if the virus is still active, the command:

sfc /scannow

would not work. One thing that has happened, when a virus is on the computer, you need to find it via a scan with spybot or superantispyware. Once found, remove it, reboot and see if things work. however, if there is a virus, chances are things are pretty damaged if system file checker cannot repair. Boot into safe mode so you can diagnose further and see if you can install a spy checking program. I hope this information helps.

4. 5junebug

5junebug Thread Starter

Did not work.

5. drmacpccom

drmacpccom

There was several things I said to do, can you be more specific on what did not work?

6. rainforest123

rainforest123

5 :
    Which did not work?

If you refer to huggie's suggestion, boot to the W7 repair console & run sfc /scannow
    reboot

Again boot to the repair console; this time run Chkdsk /f /r
    Be sure, when you are in the repair console, to initially type:
    c:
    press enter

Tutorial at http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/681-startup-repair.html

You can create a W7 repair disk on a different W7 computer. I think that each computer needs to be running the same W7 version.

Tutorial for W7 repair disk creation.
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2083-system-repair-disc-create.html

RF123

7. rainforest123

rainforest123

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090714

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice