1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The instruction at 0x0012e850 referenced at memory 0x000000000 could not be written.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Alex Ethridge, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Thread Starter

I see it multiple times on all my machines from time to time and on at least half, and probably more than half, the machines I am called to work on.

Ordinarily, I would suspect defective memory; but, I cannot accept that over half the machines in my county have suddenly developed bad memory. Personally, I suspect one or more Windows Updates has done this.
    Error:
    The numbers may change; but, the messages are about the same.

Any ideas?

2. bubblz

bubblz Account Closed

Very interesting....I've seen this on some PCs lately too. Just curious....is there any particular type (brand, model) that you're seeing it on a lot? I ran memtest32 on the PCs and found that the memory was in fact bad. Most of the PCs were Dell desktops.....fyi

They had errors running the MSXML update too, which I found interesting. All of them had crapped out on the BITS udpate of it in fact.....don't know if that had anything to do with it or not, but I did find it interesting....

3. Alex Ethridge

After much research and Googling for the phrases, I find this problem has arisen from obscure to very prominent in just a few months and I've determined there is no consensus on the cause. Microsoft blames other developers; but, the common denominator is Microsoft.

Personally, I suspect a Windows update to Windows 2000, XP and 2003 for two reasons. One is that this problem has suddenly arisen in unison worldwide on varied brands and types of hardware and occurrs in a multitude of wide-ranging programs such as antivirus to CD/DVD burning programs, office suites, etc. and the other is that I never see this in a Windows 98 OS.

I may change my mind later; but, I've been dealing with this for months in my service business and that is my opinion at this time.

4. bubblz

bubblz Account Closed

Have you seen anything specifically with errors on the MSXML update? That's when I started seeing the errors.....just curious.

5. Alex Ethridge

I haven't paid any attention to that.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538844

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice