1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The instruction at "0x77f87e4b" referenced memory at 0x000000 memory could not be 're

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rekash, Sep 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rekash

rekash Thread Starter

The instruction at "0x77f87e4b" referenced memory at 0x000000 the memory could not be 'read'

I see this error pretty frequently, with different addresses. I had it on my home system, and it only went away after I replaced the motherboard, which leads me to believe it's likely a hardware issue. It survived after multiple os rebuilds and DoD drive wipes, so I'm pretty sure it's not a software issue.

Would anyone be able to fill me in as to what the cause of this error is?

[email protected]

Thanks!
    David

2. scoutt

scoutt

bad ram, or ram going bad

3. rekash

rekash Thread Starter

I saw this message on my home PC. Changing the ram didn't make it stop. However, after I got a new motherboard the problem went away. Is it a problem with the ram, or the motherboard?

4. scoutt

scoutt

changing ram? did you take it out or just switched them? did you use a new stick in the same spot?

I guess it could be a bad slot but no likely.

5. squall

squall

Hey did anyones computer make a strange chirrping sound before this occered and what exactly did you have to do to fix it.

Thanks for any help

6. codecfears

codecfears

7. HappyHacker

HappyHacker

I have seen this error from inproper network authority on a 03' server, viruses, bad hardware and for no apparent reason at all.

The high memory to the very low first part of memory is worrying. What application is causing this, or is there any perticular program? Do you have current anti-virus?

If all else fails then I would like to have a look at a dr. watson log at the time of the error.

8. squall

squall

I think my problem may have been different because I found an alterative fix. All I had to do was to unistall some type of spyware (at least I think it is because I didn't put it on there). It was called "websearch" I think. It adds an extra tool bar to your internet explorer. I have seen this on my computer before and it caused some other problems. Ever since I removed it, my computer has been working fine.

Thanks for the advice. Sorry to make such a big deal about such a simple problem

(If you were like me and can't access control panel, here is another way to get to add/remove programs.
    1.) Right click on some desktop short cut that isn't very imortant.
    2.) On the menu that pops up click on delete (don't worry about the shortcut, you won't be

9. HappyHacker

HappyHacker

10. squall

squall

(sorry didn't finish)

delating it)
    3.) This will bring up a menu asking you to confirm if you wish to deleate the shortcut. Instead of yes or no you want to click on the link to "add or remove program". This will take you to where you want to go)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/163774

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice