1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

the interface is unknown/rpc server is unavailable/

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by damohonda, Nov 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. damohonda

damohonda Thread Starter

I wonder if anyone out there can help me,
    I’m having a serious problem with my Pc.
    It all just happened out of the blue.
    I will explain the symptoms.

When I switch my computer on and try to click on a program, I get one of the following errors:
    the interface is unknown or
    rpc server is unavailable
    I can’t access my computer, any files or any internet connection.

I’ve tried a system restore with my Win 7 disc which didn’t work
    I tried repairing it with my Win 7 disc and the first time it worked.
    I managed to get on and do everything I needed.
    Once reset the whole thing started again, but this time with the following error::
    user profile server failed to login.

So I reset and it starts up and goes back to a vicious loop whereby I get the interface is unknown or rpc server is unavailable, if I try to do something it usually restarts itself or if I leave it, it restarts around 10 minutes later.
    After about the 5th or 6th restart. it's back to normal, only to start the loop all over again after the next shut down/reset

The Win 7 disk won’t repair it any more.
    Bare in mind it starts ok in safe mode, but I haven’t installed anything new or made any changes in a while, so I don’t know what I’m looking for.
    Does anyone have a solution?

2. Lance1

Lance1

If the system is running without issues in safe mode, I would first suggest trying a Clean Startup and determine what is causing the problem. If that is a No Go, you could try a Repair Install No data would be lost in this.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1114135

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice