1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The IP Address conflicts with the wan ip subnet. Please use a different ip address

Discussion in 'Networking' started by cmacandrew, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cmacandrew

cmacandrew Thread Starter

I am trying to setup a netgear wireless router as an access point. The main router is a netopia. We cannot log in to the netopia because no one knows the user name and password. I am new at the company. Here is our situation.

Netopia Router
    DHCP Range 192.168.0.100~192.168.0.200

Netgear WNDR3400 Wireless router
    DHCP enabled

I am trying to change the Netgear to 192.168.0.201 with DHCP disabled.

When I hit apply I receive the message "THE IP ADDRESS CONFLICTS WITH THE WAN IP SUBNET. PLEASE USE A DIFFERENT IP ADDRESS.

Could the problem be that we had a cable connected from the wall jack to the wan port on the netgear wireless router?

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Chuck Trusted Advisor

That is probably correct.

Here is a link to some instructions by another member on how you should add the second router:
    http://forums.techguy.org/7674994-post3.html

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977310