1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The (K)Ubuntu Project

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by prunejuice, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prunejuice

prunejuice Thread Starter

After nearly three years of Mandriva/Mandrake having me in a head-lock, I finally installed Kubuntu on an SATA drive I have hooked up to a controller card.

I finally had enough of Mandriva when I decided to do a clean install of Mandriva One,
    seeing as though Mandrake 10.1's support had been dropped for a while.
    Practically everything about Mandriva One had me frustrated.

For a while, I had problems with Ubuntu installations which I never figured out why.
    Was I burning the ISO too fast? Was it a corrupt download? Were the boot parameters not supporting my hardware after initial installation?

Then I decided "Heck, I'll give Ubuntu one more shot with this Kubuntu Dapper 6.06
    Release..."

~~~ swoon ~~~
    I love you, Dapper! Where have you been all my *NIX life?

Did I mention that Adept is a hundred times more user friendly than URPMI?

Oh, one more thing...

I still have Mandriva One on my MASTER hard IDE hard disk. (SLAVE IDE hard disk is strictly as storage.)
    How can I completely move the Kubuntu installation from the SATA drive on the controller card, to the MASTER IDE hard disk, blowing away all trace of Mandriva, without disturbing GRUB, which is installed on MASTER?

Worst case scenario is, I format the MASTER disk to ext3, use it as storage as well,
    install GRUB on the SATA drive and set the BIOS on my ASUS A7N8X to boot from SCSI first...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488453

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice