1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The @ key not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Volvoman352, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Volvoman352

Volvoman352 Thread Starter

Hi I have a Dell Latitude C400 and i have loaded up Windows XP Professional on it but the @ key decided not to work however the ' key works fine along with all other keys anyone can help :D

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Sounds like you need a new keyboard. It is not a software problem. Or use Alt+(6,4) - hold the Alt key and type 6 then 4 on numpad.

3. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    That computer model was made in 2001.You have to decide if you want to spend the money putting in a new keyboard on a computer that old.Keyboards arent real expensive to replace but maybe you can use an external keyboard in the meantime until you can replace the keyboard if you so choose.Or since its xp it does have an onscreen keyboard feature you can use also.Some times a keyboard going bad can mean something else is about to go.I thought all i was going to need was a new keyboard on one of my laptops.Unfortunately it wasnt just the keyboard it was the motherboard that was going bad.

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Assuming you're in the UK (where the @ and ' are on the same key ;)) there is a used US version of the keyboard on Ebay.co.uk for £9.99 free P&P

I see it's got a built in 'joynipple' - that can up the price.

You need to hold down left Alt then Fn together and press O (=6) then U (=4) to use Evandil's fix.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031407

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice