1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

the lastest on the hurricanes going through the east coast

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Bush Lady, Sep 7, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. Bush Lady

Bush Lady Thread Starter

This a thread for those of us that only pick up on the national news what is going on, in the east coast with all the hurricanes. The latest being 'Frances'.
    Anyone that has seen it or heard about it, from someone else. Some of the personal tragedies.

2. deh

deh

Hopefully Ivan will miss them. They need a break.

It's been a rough season for Hurricanes.

3. n2gun

n2gun

Frances is headed into Virginia. Floodwatches are up after the last one saturated the ground and took lives in Richmond area.

4. EarthTech

EarthTech

Well it ain't quite left western NC just yet. Last count was 5.5" of rain and still a day to go. I have a new indoor pool in the basement at 0.7' deep. The ground here is saturated at 90 to 100%. My pager toned an alert for possible mud slides and rising creeks in valleys. It may be a restless night.

5. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U

i'm not trying to be mean or evil, yes surely florida needs a break b/c they barely have anything left. but look better there than louisiana b/c new orleans will just be demolished. (pretty much where tons of my family is).
    lets hope it veers toward mexico or that area. or maybe out into the atlantic or dissipates by cuba.

6. Bush Lady

Bush Lady Thread Starter

That's a good idea, Cuba should get some of this weather. Just seen on the national, the mess that the Canadian's summer homes look like.

7. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U

was that sarcastic? or were u just agreeing with me?

8. Deke40

Deke40

Florida can't get a break. Ivan's predicted track. :(

Attached Files:

9. Bush Lady

Bush Lady Thread Starter

I am not being sarcastic. I agree with you. Those Canadian's that go to Cuba, for a cheap holiday. Can stay in Canada and spend their money in Canada. There are vacation destination's in this country.

10. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U

yah. poor florida. atleast my family doesnt have to worry about flooding.

11. Bush Lady

Bush Lady Thread Starter

Without trying to be sarcastic. Land must be real cheap in Florida.
    These harricanes sure aren't any good. I'm sure there are a few people that want to sell their land in that state, and decide not to because they are going to lose money.

12. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U

land is cheap now but when our family tried to get a lot in florida it was extremely expensive.

13. Bush Lady

Bush Lady Thread Starter

That doesn't make any cent's, you should also be able to buy a lot cheap. Someone is trying to make a lot of money here. Buy a big piece of land and sell the lot's for a fortune.

14. smiles

smiles

Yeah! The hurricane hit Port St. Lucie Fl. and I have an aunt that lives there... her house got destroyed and then the next day a guy ran a stop sign and hit her car.

15. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

Ivan track update.

Florida REALLY doesn't need this. And it looks like the biggest since the 1920's.

Not good folks. :(

Attached Files:

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271201

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice