1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved The left mouse button on the touchpad is no longer working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WM2000, Jul 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. WM2000

WM2000 Thread Starter

I am running Windows 10 (Creators Update) and have been doing so for quite a while on a laptop. Recently, whilst playing a game, I was clicking the touchpads left hand button (mouse1) rapidly until suddenly it stopped working completely.

In addition, tapping to activate mouse 1 is also not working with the touchpad. Right clicking is still working and mouses are also working properly.

When I looked to see what the touchpad was doing (and if any of the buttons were activated) I noticed that it says the left side button is always being clicked and held (even though I'm not pressing nor holding it)?

Is there some way of fixing this or has the hardware completely broke?
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. WM2000

WM2000 Thread Starter

I have tried reinstalling the driver and that didn't work too, it acted exactly the same.

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    I think you have physically broken the left button, if so it's fixable, you can probably fix it yourself if you're good with your hands.

What's the full make and model of the laptop ?

4. WM2000

WM2000 Thread Starter

The laptop is the MSI GL62 6QC
    (I have also noticed that when I boot up the computer, the button seems to be always active)

5. WM2000

WM2000 Thread Starter

Ok I've just fixed it somehow, I got a knife and slid it through the bottom of the button and suddenly its started to work again!
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1193431

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice