1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

the letters are messed up

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by zenlikestate, Feb 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zenlikestate

zenlikestate Thread Starter

This is kind of difficult to explain. I'm using Win98SE IE5.5. The web pages and photos are displaying fine and most of the text is displaying ok but some of the text is showing up like they were created with lego blocks. I hope this makes sense to someone because I'm baffled. What could be causing this?

Things I've tried:

IE repair
    reinstalled IE
    restored defaults
    reset web settings

2. dtugg

dtugg

Kind of a stab here, but what are your encoding settings?

On the View menu in Internet Explorer, point to Encoding, and then make sure Auto-Select has a check mark. If it doesn't, select it.

Hope it helps!!

dtugg

3. zenlikestate

zenlikestate Thread Starter

Thanks. I tried the auto-select. It didnt work but I did find the problem.

Under encoding I needed to install Vietnamese language support. Why? You got me, but it worked.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!