1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The "Local Area Connection" is experiencing driver or hardware related problems

Discussion in 'Networking' started by carynd, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. carynd

carynd Thread Starter

I have a Msi A4000
    WIFI IS NOT WORKING I AM CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET VIA ETHERNET CORE
    When i use troubleshooting this is what i get
    The "Local Area Connection" is experiencing driver or hardware related problems
    Windows help and Support can provide more information about resolving driver or hardware issues.

On the bottom
    For more information, open Windows Help and Support

When i click on that a new window with this appears

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

If you have a hardware device that isn't working properly with your computer, you probably need an updated driver. There are three ways to update a driver:

Use Windows Update. You might need to set Windows Update to automatically download and install recommended updates.

Install software from the device manufacturer. For example, if your device came with a disc, that disc might contain software that installs a driver for the device.

Download and update the driver yourself. Use this method to install a driver that you download from the manufacturer's website. Do this if Windows Update can't find a driver for your device and the device didn't come with software that installs a driver. The Windows 7 Compatibility Center website lists thousands of devices, and has direct links to driver downloads.

I HAVE UPDATED EVERYTHING USING WINDOW UPDATES
    I THINK I NEED TO DOWNLOAD ANOTHER DRIVE BUT I DON'T KNOW WHERE.

Window edition ------------------------------------------------
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    Copyright -2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    Service Pack 1
    System----------------------------------------------------
    Manufacturer : Mirco- Star INT'L CO.,LTD
    Rating : 4.2
    Processor : Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz
    Installed memory (RAM):3.00 GB (2.87 GB usable)
    Windows activation ---------------------------------------
    Windows is activated
    Product ID: 00359-OEM-8992687-00246

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

If it's an integrated ethernet adapter get the latest driver from the PC (or motherboard) manufacturer's web site. For an external card get the latest driver from the adapter manufacturer's site.

3. carynd

carynd Thread Starter

Do you know where i can download the driver or which one i need ?

4. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

5. carynd

carynd Thread Starter

I tried looking on those sites but i cant find the one for a4000.

6. carynd

carynd Thread Starter

my laptop brand isn't current, they dont have the download, i downloaded Live Update 5 the third option because the first and second didn't work .when i use Live Update 5 to scan nothing appears.

7. carynd

carynd Thread Starter

?Live Update 5 says that there is no attention required so that's why nothing appeared , i think it is the wifi everything else is working fine does anyone know how to turn the wifi on ?

8. carynd

carynd Thread Starter

i followed these steps and found out that i only have one adapter and its Ethernet, the wifi was working great 2 days ago, i had the wireless adapter but now i dont, does anyone know what happened to it or where i can get a new one ?

Follow this sequence to reach Device Manager.
    1. Click on Start Menu / Right-click on Computer / Click on Manage.
    2. Click on Device Manager on the left column, and then double click on Network adapters.
    3. You should see 2 adapters, double-click on your wireless adapter to enter property.
    4. Go to Advanced tab, select Radio Power and make sure it's set to Enabled.
    5. Try your wireless connectivity again.

9. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

I initially thought the problem was "Local Area Connection is experiencing driver or hardware related problems."

Now my understanding is that ethernet (LAN) is working fine, but your Wi-Fi seems to be AWOL. Is that correct? If so, ...

If the wireless adapter does not show in Device Manager under Network Adapters and there are no warnings or errors (yellow or red flags) anywhere in Device Manager then

a. Check in the BIOS (Setup) to see if the wireless somehow became disabled in there;

b. If you can access the card easily through a cover on the laptop's bottom remove and carefully and firmly replace the card several times (in case of looseness or corroded contacts).

c. If none of the at least brings the adapter back into Device Manager you could try to get an exact replacement, but I would advise to forget that approach and just get a USB wireless adapter.

10. carynd

carynd Thread Starter

is the bios the settings, because i restarted my computer and clicked on the del button to access the settings but i dont see the bios setting all there is the bios information

11. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Every BIOS (Setup) or settings is different, and some are quite useless, so I can't really help you navigate them.

12. carynd

carynd Thread Starter

mine is useless, it has no information on it at all. i purchased a mini usb wireless adapter that should be coming in the mail soon, do you know what could have happened to it or why is was removed or stop working ? ------ my mother was on my laptop and the wifi stoped working i tried to reconnect it by-disconnecting it and reconnecting it but when i disconnected it and tired to reconnect it i couldnt find any networks. maybe.

13. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

If the wireless adapter completely disappears from Device Manager it has been disabled in BIOS, came loose, has corroded contacts, is defective or the portion of the motherboard to which it connects has become defective. Why? Because "things happen."

14. carynd

carynd Thread Starter

thank you

15. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

You're welcome. :)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1072453