Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

"The network path was not found"

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  txsballa 
#1 ·
I am trying to access shared folders over a network, and I keep getting the error "The network path was not found". I currently have a desktop computer and wireless laptop. The desktop computer is connect to a 2WIRE Home portal from SBC YAHOO DSL. The laptop get wireless connectivity through the 2WIRE. Both computers currently run Windows 2000 Professional. I have set up a shared folder on both computers. Both computers are also logged in as Administrators. On the laptop, when I go to "computers near me", I see both computers in the workgroup. And I can access the shared folder on the desktop computer. But when I go to "computers near me" on the desktop, I see both computers, but cannot access the shared folder on the laptop. I get the error message "The network path was not found". I have checked the shared folder permissions for both computers, and they both have full access. Im sure I have over looked something. But I just cant seem to figure it out. Any suggestions on what the problem could be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mattreyes79@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.