The New Task View Button - Virtual Desktops

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MKETraveler

Hello, I have been trying to set up a virtual desktop; however,
the task view button shown below is no where to be found. Supposedly this button is supposed to be sitting next to Cortana (which I have not activated.)
Task View Button.JPG

Any Ideas?

I see it, even though your pic attachment is way to small. It's to the right of the cortana search bar.....

taskview.PNG

MKETraveler

Thank you Bassfisher6522 for responding. The picture I posted (from an online instructional) is showing a completely different icon.

So when I right click the task view button, I don't get the menu item they are talking about --> New Desktop. In this picture, they are showing two possible desktops at the bottom; (Big enough? :) that they supposedly made with this 'New Desktop' menu item. I must be missing something...
Capture2.jpg

MKETraveler

OK, so I figured it out. You have to right click an open program and then choose which desktop it goes to. I like this feature. Solved!

Yeah....I don't like it. It's the poor man's version of multiple monitors....to much clicking to set up every time for me. It's why I have a 2 monitor setup. Hopefully moving to a 4 monitor setup.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online