1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

The next version of Widows?

Discussion in 'Tech-Related News' started by dustyjay, Feb 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dustyjay

dustyjay Thread Starter

First Name:
    Jay
  2. prunejuice

prunejuice

Remember when Microsoft enthusiasts used to laugh at Mac users because they paid for their "incremental upgrades"?

Welcome to Windows 8...$ervice Pack 1.

3. dustyjay

dustyjay Thread Starter

First Name:
    Jay
    I am sticking to Windows 7 for now. I also just did a clean install of Win XP Pro on a computer that is destined for my Man Cave (errr garage), I inherited it from my 11y/o daughter after I finally broke down and bought her a good used Dell Inspiron M5040 with Win 7 Pro on it.

At the price MS is getting for Windows 8, I think it should be criminal not to let it last for at least 2 years before forcing a new version of windows on us.

4. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

I have a Win 8 surface at work, and I can't say I could use it for a productive work day. My work laptop with Win 7, dual monitors and the start search is to me, super intuitive and fast. I have no interest in a touch device that I will be using 8+ hours every day. It is starting to look like I am going to be on 7 at home forever, or maybe move back to Linux... Mint is nice especially with Cinnamon...

But for a Windows Enterprise, how are we going to get through this? AD, Exchange, Office... they work so great. Would companies really have to trade that for something all-new, be it Windows 9, 10 or Linux?

5. pattypccruz

pattypccruz

Is this next to Windows 8? Actually I am already satisfied with Windows 8, for me it is the most reliable OS of Windows so far.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090807

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice